Re: Lag after 6/18 Update

by iimlana

Original Post

★★★★★ Guide

@iimlana  With updates the Mod/cc has been disabled. All you have to do is go to your settings in game and re-enable it. As for the lag....it’s definitely frustrating. I’m not a computer expert but I was able to play perfectly fine with just a 4gb then with the addition of two large pack purchases (cats and dogs and seasons) I started to have issues and upped my memory to 16gb. So in my opinion this lag shouldn’t be an issue. I was able to get it to barely noticeable with lowering my edge smoothing to medium. Hope this helps. 

Message 61 of 80 (1,209 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@candiecoatediv I turned my edge smoothing to from high to medium just now and my CAS works perfectly fine like it did a couple of months ago. And I checked it with mods too!
I haven’t checked the live gameplay yet, but I wonder if the gameplay is laggy with some people if changing it to medium would help.
Or if gameplay isn’t affected if you can just switch to high edge smoothing so you don’t have to deal with lower graphic settings while playing.
Message 62 of 80 (1,204 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@iimlana I’m glad it helped!! I have never noticed an issue with gameplay. Only CAS has been the issue for most of us. 

Message 63 of 80 (1,196 Views)

@iimlana

Having edge smoothing on high is going to be hampered by an integrated Intel chip as it doesn't have the power a dedicated NVIDIA or AMD GPU has. Interesting that your CAS lag has improved.

@candiecoatediv

Have you updated to 10.14.6 yet? Just wondering whether that has helped iimlana.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 64 of 80 (1,183 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  I have done an update. Lowering edge smoothing made a difference for me prior to the two most recent updates that’s why I suggested it. If I were to adjust the edge smoothing back to high and I see lag, what hardware or specs (not sure if that’s the correct terms) could be causing this issue? As mentioned previously, I was able to play with all gameplay graphics on high before the update either in June. 

Message 65 of 80 (1,162 Views)

@candiecoatediv

I think at this point Apple probably need to release a driver update for the Intel chip, that's why I wondered about the update to 10.14.6. You could try a reinstall of the OS over the top of your existing installation just to repair and replace any corrupted files, permissions, links.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 66 of 80 (1,153 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Bluebellflora  I’ve searched online to find Intel a graphics 4000 driver updates and I keep getting taken to apples website to update the software which only shows how to update the iOS. Is there somewhere else I can check to see if there is an update for the intel graphics? I’ve checked the Intel site and I only see update for Windows OS. 

Side question, how do I do a reinstall of the OS? 

Update: I reached out to the apple community (let’s just say not as helpful and extremely condescending) only to be told that a software update, updates all drivers and that the chip couldn’t possibly be the issue and that I shouldn’t listen or take recommendations from anyone outside of Apple. Rude!! Omg?! I will never go there again. 

Message 67 of 80 (1,127 Views)

@candiecoatediv

Oh dear.... but they probably have no idea about the game and how taxing it is.

Yes, Apple do update drivers through OS updates but are notorious for not updating graphics drivers. There's a reason why some of us with NVIDIA cards used to update manually with the betas from NVIDIA, the difference it made in game performance was incredible. Sadly this isn't possible with the AMD cards or the integrated Intel chips so no, you won't find updates anywhere.

To reinstall the OS just download it from the Mac App Store and follow the installation instructions. Make sure you backup your Mac beforehand as a precaution. I'm not promising it will fix it but it's worth a try Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 68 of 80 (1,108 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora I don’t know if this is totally relevant to the situation, but like I said earlier that with edge smoothing being on medium my CAS works perfectly fine. But that’s only when I do a ‘new game’.
If I’m already in a world and I edit my sim the CAS is laggy but it’s barely, it’s not as bad like it would be with edge smoothing being on high. It’s just noticeable, but doing a quick outfit change or edit it’s bearable.
I just purchased Island Living and Moschino Stuff, so I’m not sure if Island Living caused my in game CAS to be laggy or if it was already like that because I never checked before hand.
Message 69 of 80 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Anyone know if the lag is fixed with today’s patch? Currently not home😩

Message 70 of 80 (900 Views)