Re: CAS, Build mode, live mode camera being weird

by celosiiaJ

Original Post

Accepted Solution

CAS, Build mode, live mode camera being weird

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I quit playing TS4 for around a year and came back around a month ago, and I’ve noticed how in CAS whenever I try moving a body part there’s this weird force pulling the cursor to the opposite direction of where I’m moving it, and it ends up drastically messing up the Sim. Same goes for the camera in both live and build mode, whenever I try to move it to a certain direction theres this slight force or this resistance pulling the camera to the opposite direction. I went from using the Sims 4 camera to the Sims 3 camera and there is no difference in the camera’s weird resistance. I use a macbook btw. Help pls its SO ANNOYING

Edited title to remove from the Compiled List - Bluebellflora

Message 1 of 39 (3,697 Views)

Accepted Solution

Patch notes in August 2022, 1.91.186.1230, state this has been fixed. If you are still experiencing issues please start a new thread clearly stating which version of macOS you are running.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 39 of 39 (1,733 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I forgot to add, when I try rotating my Sim in CAS it does the same thing, for the Sims 3 camera theres no bug for when I’m looking up or down it’s always left or right.

Message 2 of 39 (3,687 Views)

Message 3 of 39 (3,658 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having a similar issue on a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro. It is most pronounced in CAS and in tab mode. It's difficult to describe but it is not the same issue as Bluebellflora linked above. What happens in CAS is e.g. you want to make a sim's nose wider so you move your mouse in that particular direction and what you get instead is something super random, either it goes in the opposite direction or it grabs a different slider altogether. In tab mode, same issue, you want to adjust the camera to the left and it instead moves in another random direction and it just doesn't let you go in the direction you want.

Message 4 of 39 (3,564 Views)

@zumingosims

Can you repair the game a couple of times and try a new clean TS4 folder with none of your current saves/CC copied over. I've tried to repro this issue on several different Macs and OSs and unfortunately cannot.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 5 of 39 (3,554 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have also had this problem for weeks now, and I agree, it is messing up the sims for me. I've tried using a different mouse, I've repaired the game multiple times, and I've removed all my mods/cc but it still happens. Like elliast115 said, there's some weird resistance that is pulling the camera in the opposite direction. It happens the most when I try to rotate the camera/sim slowly or slightly move a body part on the sim. This resistance makes it extremely difficult to make my sim the way I want them to look. Additionally, I use an iMac (2021). I know this thread is like a month old, but hopefully someone sees this. This is the only post I could find about this issue and I haven't seen it in the latest patch notes or laundry lists. 

Message 6 of 39 (3,315 Views)

@celosiiaJ 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 39 (3,269 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Operation System: macOS Monterey (version 12.0.1)

Mac Model: iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021)

Chip: Apple M1

(Mine does not say, "processor," it says "chip". Not sure if that's the same thing, but I put it anyway. Please let me know if that is     incorrect.)

Memory: 8 GB

Graphics: Apple M1

I believe apple integrates the graphics, processor, and memory into one chip (M1), so I'm not getting a specific name for the graphics card besides Apple M1 when I look in my settings. I'm not sure if this information will help, but my computer has 8-core CPU and 7-core GPU.

- I am attempting to play the normal version of the game.

- No, I am not running any antivirus.

- Yes, I have tried to repair the game multiple times.

- Yes, I have cc/mods, and I have removed them to see if it fixes the problem. It did not.

Message 8 of 39 (3,258 Views)

@celosiiaJ

Thanks Standard smile It's frustrating that I cannot repro this issue on my M1 Mac although it indicates the problem is not affecting every M1 user, just some with, probably, similar setups.

You say you removed Mods, have you tried a brand new Sims 4 folder with none of your saves and previous data? Move the Sims 4 folder to the desktop then launch the game so a brand new one is created. Start a new game and see if it still happens.

What was the make of the different mouse you tried? Was it wired or bluetooth?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 39 (3,232 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I just tried a brand new Sims 4 folder with none of my saves or previous data, and the problem still occurs. For the mouse situation, they are both bluetooth. One is the Magic Mouse that comes with the computer, and the other is a mouse by the brand AZZOR.

Message 10 of 39 (3,213 Views)