Build Mode and Career Menu Issues

by overlordcrouton

Original Post

Build Mode and Career Menu Issues

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

I just updated my Macbook Pro to the newest version of Mojave and loaded the sims 4. Everything was going fine except that when i go to build mode, only the first digit of my money is available for use (i have 212,754 simoleons but when i go to build mode i only have 2) and when i go to give my sim a new career, it shows a blue screen and all of the characters are replaced with pound symbols. Keep in mind, I have the sims on an external hard drive. Could it be an issue with the game? Or is it my computer software? Or is it an issue with my hard drive? Update: Repairing the game has fixed the issue. Thank you for the responses though!

Message 1 of 5 (412 Views)

Re: Build Mode and Career Menu Issues

@overlordcrouton

Are you using Mods? If so are they up to date with the latest patch? UI Mods often break after game updates so you need to download an updated version.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 5 (389 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

My game is not modded on this laptop. I'm working on repairing the game to see if that works

Message 3 of 5 (383 Views)

★ Apprentice

I don't recommend keeping the sims 4 on an external hard drive. It can be done but you have to make sure the drive is installed properly- check out this thread-

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/Download-sims-4-to-my-external-hard-drive/td-p/4573207

Message 4 of 5 (356 Views)

@delelise

It's perfectly fine in macOS, Crin's explanation is only relevant to Windows users Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 5 of 5 (339 Views)