Re: Build Mode Problems (Item Rotation + Moving Focus Area)

by jeezy-louisey

Original Post

Build Mode Problems (Item Rotation + Moving Focus Area)

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get famous, seasons, get to work, city living, parenthood, vampires, dine out, laundry stuff, toddler stuff, fitness stuff, vintage glamour, kids room, perfect patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open up build mode, attempt to move area of focus by dragging screen.I have been able to zoom in and out, and rotate my field of view, but not change the center focus of it. I am also unable to select item and attempt to rotate by right clicking. I have replicated this on different properties and from clicking build mode from manage worlds and while playing an active household.
What happens when the bug occurs? When attempting to move field of focus or rotate items using the usual methods (dragging, clicking), the screen will not move and the items will not rotate.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to rotate items in build mode, and I should be able to change my field of focus in build mode.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Appeared after I downloaded the latest game update yesterday.

I opened up build mode on a house I'd started making before the last update, bought a chair, and then tried to rotate the chair using my trackpad, as I normally do. The chair would not rotate. I tried buying several other items, and those didn't rotate either. I tried to pull my screen to focus on the bathroom, but while I could zoom out far enough to see the other rooms with walls down, I couldn't change the screen to look at the parts of the house I wanted to. This was originally on Pebble Burrow in Oasis Springs. I then went into Nookstone and Raffia Quinta, and found the same things. Checked that mods were off, checked the game was updated & repaired, tried again, replicated error. 

Message 1 of 3 (400 Views)

@crooly9147

Try a new clean game and see if it happens - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (359 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Is it possible you're on the SIMS 3 camera mode, and used to using the SIMS 4 camera mode?

Message 3 of 3 (318 Views)