Re: Broken sims folder and mods folder

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Broken sims folder and mods folder

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Retrokit, Hundar och katter, årstider, snöiga bergen. Vampyrer, julhelgdagspaket
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By playing on Mac via origin, using cc or mods, removing the mods/cc and or the mods folder then reopening the game to find the cc still in the game
What happens when the bug occurs? Cc and old saves still show up in game after I’ve removed the mods folder, the sims 4 folder, the ea folder, repaired the m game, restarted my Mac, restarted origin multiple times and turning on and off mods in settings in my game.
What do you expect to see? Cc and saves removed from ts4 folder not showing up in game once deleted
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I think it appeared after the latest patch, but I am not sure. I noticed it first when trying to download and add new cc in my game, but I not showing up after all the steps I mentioned above.

I can not show any photos here for the the photos I’ve taken don’t want to load in here. But I have created a backup and a copy of both my ea and ts4 folder and moved out of documents and on to desktop,

yet still al my old cc and saves show up in game. I have also deleted all my cc files and my mods folder. It is no longer existing anywhere on my Mac or any folder with the name “Mods”  

Message 1 of 2 (378 Views)

Re: Broken sims folder and mods folder

@blobifeask 

Please open Terminal and copy and paste the following search command then hit Enter/Return:

find / -type d -name "*Mods*" 2>/dev/null

After a little while it will return the results of the search. Please copy and paste the results in a post here.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 2 (330 Views)