Re: Broken/Missing Expansion Pack

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@IvaIvanaa

Hmm. Did you see Crin's post here? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/CURRENT-ISSUE-Several-Issues-after-incomplete-Installa... it has been an issue for months now but trashing that folder should fix it. You could also try a super repair of the base game - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

If none of those work then I would uninstall and reinstall, launching a new game before trying to move any of your saves back in.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 11 of 16 (771 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thank you! I found the steps for the solution in the thread you linked and my game is working properly now
Message 12 of 16 (757 Views)

The sims 4 skin tone and more bug

★★★ Newbie

The sims 4 updated today but upon starting the game it was noted that many of the expansions had llama icons, which was not of issue. When opening the game the llama icon continued to areas within the world but does not cause issues in game play. When entering a previously saved household, I noted that the skin tone on my characters was different. The skin tone does vary, one sim has a red and white skin tone with question marks, and another is more white. Some hair colours were also multicolour, as well as the trees and plants. Surrounding items were also this multicolour with question marks. Items are also disappearing from site after use, but Sims are able to use but as a player I am not able to select the item for use. 

Message 13 of 16 (752 Views)

@IvaIvanaa

Thanks! Can you remember specifically what fixed it? Having the DLC installed in a separate folder on a Mac causes a similar issue so it isn’t always easy to figure out if it’s that issue or the one in the PC tech forum Frown

@bubbladubbla

Could you please check the link in my previous post and see if that applies to you? Please also read the first page in this thread for explanation about where packs install to in macOS and how to force a re-download of the affected packs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 14 of 16 (706 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Sure! I repeated the same steps you outlined but also right-clicked on the game in the Origin app and clicked “repair” there.
Message 15 of 16 (697 Views)

@IvaIvanaa

Thanks! That’s really useful to know as it indicates the base game also needed repairing Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 16 of 16 (694 Views)