Re: Broken/Missing Expansion Pack

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Broken/Missing Expansion Pack

★★★ Novice

After the update, my Get Together expansion pack has stopped working. The game is not registering it. I haven't uninstalled it or anything, so I'm not sure how this happened or how to potentially fix it. All of my Sims that came with the pack are glitching (see photos) and Windenburg does not load (just goes to a white screen). Please help.

Message 1 of 16 (2,205 Views)

@IvaIvanaa

You need to trash the Get Together folder in the Sims 4 Packs folder and then load Origin to force a new download - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/06/17/repairing-sims-4-packs-in-origin/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 16 (2,167 Views)

Cats and Dogs all black and sims have turned red white with questionmarks

★★★ Newbie

Hi there, I recently installed The Sims 4 and the Cats and Dogs expansion onto my Mac. 

When in CAS mode some sims were showing as white and red with question marks when selecting content like hair style or clothes that comes with Cats and dogs. I have gone into play mode and this is still the case. 

When creating cats or dogs they show up as solid black with no shading

In Origin, Cats and Dogs shows up as "Finalizing"

is there any way to uninstall and then reinstall cats and dogs?

I have already tried repairing the game in origin but that did nothing.

Message 3 of 16 (2,170 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora Thank you, this initially worked but it is now giving me the same issues. I trashed the Get Together folder and reset Origin to download it, however the same issue has arisen. Is there anything else that can be done?
Message 4 of 16 (2,137 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs all black and sims have turned red white with questionmarks

★★★ Novice
@alixlitt I'm having this same issue with Get Together. I tried removing that expansion pack's folder from the Sims 4 on my computer and letting Origin re-download it but that didn't work Frown Hope there is a solution. It has made my game unplayable.
Message 5 of 16 (2,134 Views)
Highlighted

@IvaIvanaa

Move your whole Sims 4 folder from Documents > Electronic Arts to the desktop, repeat the process to remove the GT folder and re-download. Play a brand new clean game and see how it is.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 6 of 16 (2,111 Views)

Re: Cats and Dogs all black and sims have turned red white with questionmarks

@alixlitt I've merged your post into this thread. Please read my earlier post above yours and follow the instructions to force a re-download of the C&D EP. If you are still having the issue please move your Sims 4 folder contain gin your saves/Mods etc. to the desktop then repeat the process to force the pack to re-download, then try a brand new clean game and see if it still happens.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 7 of 16 (2,108 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraJust tried this and unfortunately it still does not work. Every other pack I own is appearing to work fine in the game except Get Together. I saw Origin re-download it, I still see Windenburg in manage worlds (still can't click on though) but now with the new clean game, all Sims that come with the pack are not in manage households. It still shows I own the pack, so this is very confusing.

Message 8 of 16 (2,091 Views)

@IvaIvanaa

But can you play the pack? can you create a new household, move them in and not have the red and white texture issue?

Do you normally use CC?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 9 of 16 (2,052 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@BluebellfloraI cannot play the pack. The world of Windenburg shows up as unlocked but when I click on it goes to a white screen. After removing the Sims 4 folder and putting it on my desktop and re downloading Get Together after trashing it, none of the CAS items for this pack are available, only as a white and red texture.
I do usually use CC. I’ve had issues with broken CC after patch updates before so I know to take the Mods folder out and get rid of the bad CC, then my game works fine. However with this issue, the first thing I did was take my mods out of the game and it noticed it was still not working. Every attempt at fixing the problem has been without any CC in my game.

EDIT for clarity: CAS items are showing up but are invisible on Sims and are causing the the entire Sim to be the red and white texture. I've added screenshots of CAS and the world shown when I am trying to move a Sim into Windenburg, and what happens when I click on Windenburg.

Message 10 of 16 (2,035 Views)