Blank box when sign into sims 3 launcher

by simsgal22

Original Post

Blank box when sign into sims 3 launcher

★★ Novice

Hello I’ve been on to EA can’t help me. As anyone had a blank box after sign in and can’t download purchases from sims 3 community it’s been about a month now I’ve done many steps changed password, changed email, uninstalled, reinstalled, cleaned out all data off internet any other ways please help I play with no mods on Mac book thank you 

Message 1 of 4 (677 Views)

Re: Blank box when sign into sims 3 launcher

@simsgal22  Have you changed your password to something that doesn't contain any special characters?  If not, please try that now; the launcher doesn't accept at least some symbols, for example & and !.

Please also clear Safari's cache and data.  Open Safari, click Safari in the upper-left corner, then Preferences > Privacy > Manage Website Data, and remove everything.  Please also make sure the box to block all cookies is unchecked.  Having this enabled could stop the launcher from working.

However, even with a blank launcher, you should still be able to download content directly from a browser.  (Firefox seems to work best with the store, but you can try Safari as well.)  Just sign into the store site, download what you want, and install it through the launcher's Downloads tab.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (640 Views)

★★ Novice

I’ve changed password a few times and cleared all internet many steps ea has given me nothing works even changed my email address

Message 3 of 4 (629 Views)

@simsgal22  I know you did all that already, but I was specifically asking if you changed the password to not include special characters, and whether you cleared the Safari data I mentioned AND unchecked the box to block all cookies.  I don't know what steps EA offered you.

And again, you don't need to fix this launcher issue to install store or custom content.  Just download it from the website.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 4 (608 Views)