Black screen when loading game

by ktsalsa

Original Post

Black screen when loading game

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? not sure
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? get together, discover university, cats and dogs, vintage glamour, laundry stuff, get famous, parenthood, seasons, city living,
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When I load sims 4 it starts up loading then it goes to a black screen, I can still hear the loading music in on the game and it does not let me force quit. Every time I go onto the game this has happened
What happens when the bug occurs? I get a black screen pop up when I load the game from origin, i can move the cursor around and hear the game music in the background but the screen is black and i can not see the game play or even manage to get to the main play screen to load anything.
What do you expect to see? I cant get to gameplay
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I am happy to delete my MODS and start from scratch if this will help me get back onto the game. However, if i delete my mods folder will it delete them from the game and enable me to open the game back up or do i need to disable mods from the main page in the game in order for MODS to be completely removed? thank you to all responses, really appreciate it! 

Message 1 of 2 (217 Views)

Re: Black screen when loading game

Message 2 of 2 (207 Views)