Re: Big Sur screen flickering?

by whatsausernamex

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Big Sur screen flickering?

★★★★★ Novice

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I've noticed ever since MacOS dropped support for 32bit applications, whenever I turn up (or down) my screen brightness or volume, my screen flickers for a few seconds, usually green or pink/red. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a way to fix this other than downgrading OS? I recently bought a MacBook Air but haven't tested this on that as of yet to see if it happens. I usually play on a 2017 model iMac 21.5" and this is the only game it happens with. If there's a way to fix this anyone knows of, I'd be forever grateful! It doesn't make the game unplayable, but it is bothersome and quite annoying.

Thanks in advance! I'm attaching a screen shot of my specs in case that helps.

Message 1 of 3 (801 Views)

Accepted Solution

@whatsausernamex

Nothing to do with 32-bit/64-bit, it's graphics related. Could be that updates to graphics drivers for your Intel chip in Big Sur are the cause and are causing some kind of conflict in the game if it doesn't happen with any other apps.

It has been an ongoing thing for the last few years that a few people have reported. Try different Edge Smoothing settings and see if that helps - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-Screen-Flickering/m-p/6229050#M9245

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (779 Views)

All Replies

@whatsausernamex

Nothing to do with 32-bit/64-bit, it's graphics related. Could be that updates to graphics drivers for your Intel chip in Big Sur are the cause and are causing some kind of conflict in the game if it doesn't happen with any other apps.

It has been an ongoing thing for the last few years that a few people have reported. Try different Edge Smoothing settings and see if that helps - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-Screen-Flickering/m-p/6229050#M9245

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 3 (780 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Sorry for replying to this late, I've been pretty busy since I posted this. About to try out the info given in link, will edit on what happens! 

EDIT: Unfortunately, the issue is still there Wondering My MacBook Air with M1 chip doesn't have this issue as I checked when loading game on iMac.

EDIT #2: Thanks to this reply, https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-Screen-Flickering/m-p/7012978#M13953 and a reset of game settings the issue is fixed! Thank you for linking me to what I didn't see when doing a search. Very much appreciated! Heart

Message 3 of 3 (740 Views)