Big Sur Unknown Error

by yaprakbalci

Original Post

Big Sur Unknown Error

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I upgraded my Mac to Big Sur. I downloaded Sims 3, Late Night, University Life, World Adventures, Supernatural and Generations. But when I try to play I got the "Unknown Error". I attached two screenshots. First is the error windows and the second is a screenshot from my applications folder. The sims 3 and the expansion packs are in different folders. can you please help me Frown 

Message 1 of 12 (839 Views)

Re: Big Sur Unknown Error

★★★★ Novice

I dragged The Sims 3 Folder from the documents folder to my desktop, and it still doesn't work. 

Message 2 of 12 (808 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So I uninstalled all expansion packs and install them one by one and by release order. first I downloaded world adventures and the game ran smoothly. but after late night, unknown error came up. 

I was going to do the solution in the link below but there is no trans gaming file Frown 

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/01/02/sims-3-unknown-error-fix-el-capitan-sierra-late-night-ambitions...

Message 3 of 12 (801 Views)

@yaprakbalci  The instructions you linked are for the 32-bit version of Sims 3; the 64-bit version doesn't have the same file structure.  It's also normal to have a separate Sims 3 Packs folder with the packs' data inside; this is the result of Apple releasing new guidelines for applications' file structures.

To start with, please try repairing the game in Origin: open your game library, right-click on the Sims 3 icon, and select Repair.

If that doesn't help, inside the Sims 3 Packs folder, do you see an icon for Late Night?  It would be labeled EP03.  If so, please open the EP03 folder, choose List view, expand its subfolders (by clicking the arrows next to them), and take a screenshot.  Hit cmd-shift-4 and drag your cursor over the section of screen you want to capture; the screenshot will land on your desktop, and you can attach it to a post.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 12 (782 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, I attached screenshots of EP03. Yesterday, I also downloaded generations and it showed unknown error again. 

Message 5 of 12 (762 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict 

Hi, I attached screenshots of EP03. Yesterday, I also downloaded generations and it showed unknown error again. 

Message 6 of 12 (746 Views)

@yaprakbalci  Please delete the EP03 folder and let me know whether you can play with just Generations installed.  Under normal circumstances, this is all you need to do to uninstall a pack; I'm curious whether it will help here.

Message 7 of 12 (732 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict  hi again, I deleted ep03, and I could play generations and world adventures installed. I just drag the ep03 folder to the trash folder. so should I play without last night ep or is it possible to solve the issue Frown 

Message 8 of 12 (712 Views)

[ Edited ]

@yaprakbalci  Try downloading Late Night and see whether it works this time.  Let me know either way.  If it doesn't, it's possible there's something about the pack itself that isn't installing correctly.  I'll take a look at the installed files related to the pack myself, specifically in Big Sur, to see whether I can find any discrepancies.

Message 9 of 12 (685 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@puzzlezaddict hi I downloaded late night and I also downloaded other expansion packs (university life and supernatural). finally it worked! thank you so much Standard smile you are the best!!!! 

**btw the paparazzi and celebrities are still missing. there are no paparazzi in sunset valley, and there is no celebrity journal at the simology panel. I hope one day it works again Frown 

Message 10 of 12 (673 Views)