Audio Issues After Trying All Troubleshooting

by pastaiscooler

Original Post

Audio Issues After Trying All Troubleshooting

★★★ Newbie

My sims game is completely silent. My computer plays audio normally in all other uses. The things I have tried include removing my sims 4 folder and having the game generate a completely new Sims 4 folder and repairing the game with that folder established after reseting the NVRAM on my computer, in addition to measures like removing the options and config from the sims 4 folder for just those to regenerate. I have checked audio settings in system preferences, origin preferences, and origin advanced game options.

This issue persists in a game with no cc or mods, and has remained after an uninstall and reinstall of the game. 

MacBook Pro 2019, macOS Monterey. 

Message 1 of 4 (529 Views)

Re: Audio Issues After Trying All Troubleshooting

@pastaiscooler 

Did you try connecting some headphones and seeing if the audio comes through them?

Have you ever had game audio? If yes, at what point did it suddenly stop, after a game update or system update? After installing some new software on your Mac?

Do you have any media apps that may be interfering? For example, 3rd party screenshotting and recording apps can interfere with the in-game camera sometimes.

Did you fiddle around with various configurations in the game options such as turning off all music but keeping FX to see if it made a difference?

Also, full Mac specs would be great please - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 2 of 4 (495 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No game audio through headphones. 

I did. I don't know what point it stopped. (I've been dealing with a nasty case of malnutrition, so lots of time away from the game and also crushed my memory.

No media apps. 

Changing settings does not do anything.

Message 3 of 4 (313 Views)

@pastaiscooler

Try a PRAM reset - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT204063

Current version of Monterey is 12.4, updating may also help iron out any erroneous OS issue.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 4 of 4 (286 Views)