Re: Asks for Legacy version on a 64bit system

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Asks for Legacy version on a 64bit system

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.67.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After 04/06/2020 patch I can no longer run the game on my 64bit system. It asks me to download the Legacy version. My mac has a 64bit processor (Intel Core i3) and the regular version of game ran fine before this update. I'm on an older OS, 10.9.5.
What happens when the bug occurs? When launching the game via Origin
What do you expect to see? Game launchin the regular version instead of asking for Legacy
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. 1.62.67.1220

Error that didnt show up before the last patch:

Message 1 of 6 (349 Views)

Hero

Hi @OhCherriez 

Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting

Could you please provide your specs as described here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (304 Views)

★ Novice

Adding screenshots:

Message 3 of 6 (277 Views)

EA Staff
@OhCherriez Legacy Edition is for 32-bit systems on Windows. The Sims 4 for macOS has always been 64-bit. I suspect that your version of macOS or your Macintosh hardware does not support Apple's Metal graphics technology. Metal is now required for The Sims 4 on macOS. If your configuration does not support Metal then you must use the Legacy Edition.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 4 of 6 (261 Views)

★ Novice

Okay, so this change -SIms 4 requiring GC Metal technology to run- happened on the last patch, correct? Because I was able to play even after the switch last year from 32 to 64 bit and the intro of Legacy. This is upsetting, to say the least. Thanks for the feedback.

Message 5 of 6 (232 Views)

@OhCherriez

No, it happened last November - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-Legacy-Edition-thread/m-p/8420037#M22694 @MaxisJoe has explained about 32-bit/64-bit in the post directly above yours.

According to your ModelIdentifier - iMac11,2 your Mac is a 21" 2010 model iMac which does not support the current version of the game. You will not have been able to run it and have been using the Legacy Edition since last November.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 6 of 6 (204 Views)