Asking for assistance on access for the 64bit version of The Sims 3 and more

by vanessa_pe380

Original Post

Asking for assistance on access for the 64bit version of The Sims 3 and more

★★ Newbie

Hello ! I have already asked for assistance several times in relation to this subject. So, I have my The Sims 3 base game and various expansions, as well as Sims Medieval, on my Origin account and since I am using a MacBook Air M1, the Origin desktop app tells me I can't run a game at 32bit, because of my system version. So, I kindly asked various assistants to allow me to access the 64bit version on the same Desktop Origin app, but all of the options they provided me didn't work (either sent me the link to buy the game online, why ?....... or a support website to help me find the game on my library and then download it). In relation to The Sims 3 and all the expansions, kits and worlds that I have, they are added to my library, but the icon of the game appears blurry, and then again, it says I can't download it (which makes sense since it must be a 32bit version, and I asked for the 64bit one and this last one is not there at all for me to download). For the Sims Medieval, I have added the game and it never appeared on my library, not even the icon, and I would also love to have access to it on my laptop. I would love if someone could help me in a way that I can actually solve this issue. Thank you in advance !!

Message 1 of 2 (611 Views)

Re: Asking for assistance on access for the 64bit version of The Sims 3 and more

@vanessa_pe380  You'll need to go back to support for help with both of these issues, unfortunately.  For 64-bit Sims 3, ask specifically that the support rep add the "entitlements," as they're called, for the base game and packs to your account.  This is simple for a support rep to do.  In case there's any confusion, you can link this master thread:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/SOLVED-64-bit-Sims-3-content-not-in-Origin-library/td...

After the 64-bit base game shows up in your library—it'll be a separate entry alongside your other games—make sure your packs show as downloadable and not simply "unlocked."  There should be multiple entries for each pack, one of which lets you download it after the base game is installed.  If the packs aren't available, the above applies as well.

For Sims Medieval, you'll need to submit proof of purchase or ownership to support and ask what happened to your game.  For example, if you originally bought a disc, take a photo showing it, its case, and the insert with the product code clearly readable.  If you bought a digital copy, take a screenshot of the receipt or email confirmation.  You should also be able to see a record of a digital purchase on ea.com, specifically in Order History when you load your profile, and grab an order number from there.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (585 Views)