Re: Apple Silicon

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Apple Silicon

★★ Novice

It's probably too soon to tell, but I'm wondering if Apple's Mac migration from Intel to Silicon chips will result in the end of support for Sims 4 on Mac. My 2013 MacBook Pro isn't well suited for gaming but if I wait for a new MacBook with different architecture I'm not sure I'll be able to play Sims 4 at all.

Message 1 of 8 (4,349 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

@DDreamkiller711

Rosetta 2 will enable the current version of the Sims 4 to run - https://www.theverge.com/21304182/apple-arm-mac-rosetta-2-emulation-app-converter-explainer EA won't need to do anything with it, although it would be nice if they worked on a native version for the new chips Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -

View in thread

Message 4 of 8 (4,236 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@DDreamkiller711 

You can be quite confident any new Mac hardware will support The Sims 4, thanks.

barry.png
Message 2 of 8 (4,289 Views)

★★ Novice

OK because ditching Intel chips must be a new challenge to make games working from PC to Mac. Hope it’ll be flawless!

Message 3 of 8 (4,263 Views)
Highlighted

@DDreamkiller711

Rosetta 2 will enable the current version of the Sims 4 to run - https://www.theverge.com/21304182/apple-arm-mac-rosetta-2-emulation-app-converter-explainer EA won't need to do anything with it, although it would be nice if they worked on a native version for the new chips Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 4 of 8 (4,237 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

They might have to because I don’t think Rossetti is going to be around forever 

Message 5 of 8 (3,974 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Barry 
This is great because I am planning on getting a new MacBook Pro that will have apple silicone since my 2015 MacBook Pro is a little outdated for gameplay. 

Message 6 of 8 (3,794 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Barry on the download screen for origin it has a notification box that says "Looks like your computer is running a operating system we no longer support, but you can still download and play your games using an older version of Origin." but when I download the older version my macbook says the software needs to upgrade. Can't I just use rosetta 2?
Message 7 of 8 (2,522 Views)

@emich94

Use Safari or Firefox, not Chrome.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 8 of 8 (2,456 Views)