All sims 4 does is crash! RIP OFF. Developers and Staff don't care any more

by zkharris

Original Post

All sims 4 does is crash! RIP OFF. Developers and Staff don't care any more

★ Novice

Ive been in three support chats, Ive done all the steps. most of the suggested steps are copy and pasted from threads on here.

Ive done everything, reinstalled origin twice, deleted all origin files, reinstalled sims 4, made an admin account, stopped origin from being enabled during game, played offline, played in window mode. The list goes on and on. Ive only owned the game 2 DAYS and my computer is brand new. My last support chat didn't even * respond.

I feel ripped off and played by The Sims, and I've always been huge fan. Now I can't play the game I bought or any of the 4 expansion packs. Doesn't even stay on for more then 15 minutes at the most. Complete waste of money. I would suggest anyone who is having the same problem to give up smh or request a refund.

Message 1 of 5 (342 Views)

Re: All sims 4 does is crash! RIP OFF. Developers and Staff don't care any more

Hero

Hi @zkharris

unfortunately, brand new computers don't always fulfill the specs of the game. Also there's a few programs that cause crashes with the game.

It would be great, if you could attach your DxDiag to your post so those can be looked at.

To gather a DxDiag on your computer, please follow the steps here: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

You can attach the txt file to your post directly.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (331 Views)

★ Novice

its never used but from 2015, so it should work. I have a MAC these instructions are for PC

Message 3 of 5 (325 Views)

Hero

Hi @zkharris

I moved your post to the mac forum there. Gets you better help with Macs

To find the info about your Mac click on the Apple icon in the top left corner of your desktop then select About This Mac

Then post the info here so that the mac people can help you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (316 Views)

★ Novice

I have recently uninstalled my latest expansion get together pack to see if this will help the crashing

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro9,1

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.3 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 8 GB

Boot ROM Version: MBP91.00D3.B0E

SMC Version (system): 2.1f175