by Upper_Parket

Original Post

Accepted Solution

All photos turn out black, nothing solves it

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Русский язык
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? the last one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all but strangerville, outdoor retreat and spooky stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? when my sims take photos, they turn out to be absolutely black, both in inventory and on the wall. I've tried taking photos with different sources, e.g. with phone and with cameras, nothing helps. Turning Retina display off doesn't help either. In my Screenshots folder some of the photos look very overexposed, but they are there and none are black.
What happens when the bug occurs? when my sims take photos, they turn out to be absolutely black, both in inventory and on the wall.
What do you expect to see? I want to be able to take photos (and hang them on the wall ideally)
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I installed macOS Catalina yesterday, but I haven't tried this feature before, so I'm not sure that this is connected.

When my sims try to take photos, those photos turn out to be black, both in the inventory and in the world. I tried turning Retina off, but that didn't help. Tried taking photos on different devices, e.g. phone and camera, but that doesn't help either. In my Screenshots folder all of those photos are present, however, many of them for some reason are overexposed too much. 

I installed Catalina yesterday, so maybe that is a related issue, however I haven't tried taking photos ingame for a really long time (a couple of years probably, and last time it worked just fine for sure). 

I would appreciate any help! 

Message 1 of 4 (463 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: All photos turn out black, nothing solves it

★★★ Novice

Thanks! Making backup folder and letting Sims create another folder worked! I transferred back only Saves and Mods folders, and it was working as intended Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (398 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi @Upper_Parket,

Thanks for filling out the Bug Report. There's two things I'd like to try here that have helped other players with issues in the past. Could you remove the Mods/CC installed and then try these basic troubleshooting steps please before launching the game? This should do the trick but do let us know either way. 

- Lanna

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 4 (426 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thanks! Making backup folder and letting Sims create another folder worked! I transferred back only Saves and Mods folders, and it was working as intended Standard smile

Message 3 of 4 (399 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @Upper_Parket,

Great news! :D Thanks for letting us know what worked for you. Standard smile

Happy Simming o/
Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 4 of 4 (384 Views)