Re: A Serious Error Occurred

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

A Serious Error Occurred

★★★★★ Apprentice

I made another household sim who lives in the same town my main sim lives in but just different apartments. I wanted my new sim to complete college since my main sim has already completed and got her degree. As soon as I send my new sim, this error message pops up. Another weird thing it does is when I go to play with my other sim, it does not pop up with his face or his stats, only my main sim. I provided both pictures below. Please help. 

Message 1 of 14 (967 Views)

Accepted Solution

@nessatay2223  Go ahead and delete the cache files, then see whether you can play if you don't try to login at all.  Instead, just choose your household and click the check mark.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 8 of 14 (859 Views)

All Replies

@nessatay2223  Just to clarify, does the "serious error" happen when you send the sim to University, or at some other point?  Have you deleted the usual cache files lately?  For reference:

• CASPartCache.package
  • compositorCache.package
  • scriptCache.package
  • simCompositorCache.package
  • socialCache.package

Please also let me know whether you're currently using mods.  It's fine if you are, and it might in fact make troubleshooting easier, but I do need to know either way.

Message 2 of 14 (952 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Only when I send my sim to the university. I can try deleting the files you said to delete and see if that helps. 

Message 3 of 14 (939 Views)

@nessatay2223  If deleting the cache files doesn't help, please let me know.  And again, please also let me know about mods.

If it happens that these two sims are in different saves, not just different housing within the same save, that would be useful information as well.

Message 4 of 14 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

So I deleted the files but now it's stuck on this screen and I can't go any further. I am not using any mods or anything.

Message 5 of 14 (893 Views)

@nessatay2223  What happens if you try playing without logging in?  It's not necessary to do so: the only features you wouldn't have access to are the in-game shopping experience, the badges, and the ability to send gifts to friends also playing.

Please delete the cache files every time you quit the game, at least from now until things start working again.

Message 6 of 14 (883 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am not able to log in to my member account since I changed my email earlier this month. Should I just delete those files again? 

Message 7 of 14 (868 Views)

@nessatay2223  Go ahead and delete the cache files, then see whether you can play if you don't try to login at all.  Instead, just choose your household and click the check mark.

Message 8 of 14 (860 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It worked! Thank you so much! 

Message 9 of 14 (828 Views)

@nessatay2223  Great to hear.  Enjoy your game.

Message 10 of 14 (819 Views)