Re: 64x Entitlement issue Showtime Katy Perry edition

by kairi5613

Original Post

Accepted Solution

64x Entitlement issue Showtime Katy Perry edition

★★★ Guide

Hi there 

When I ran Sims 3 64 bit for the first time on my Mac today, I noticed the Showtime entitlement was missing:

Skjermbilde 2020-11-14 kl. 20.08.06.png

I therefore went back to Origin, and sure enough, the Entitlement was missing:

Skjermbilde 2020-11-14 kl. 20.09.34.png

However, I do own this EP, but the Katy Perry Collector's edition, as seen here when I go to the "normal" 32x version of the game on Origin:

Skjermbilde 2020-11-14 kl. 20.11.59.png

Therefore, after looking on the forums here on how to proceed to get the entitlement, I contacted EA Support.

However, they were not keen to help me at all. They claimed that EA no longer had the license for that expansion, and therefore it was only available for 32 bit. Here are screenshots from my conversation:

Skjermbilde 2020-11-14 kl. 17.19.11.pngSkjermbilde 2020-11-14 kl. 17.19.04.png

This does not make sense to me because of the following reasons:

1. @MaxisJoe specifically said that the 64 bit version was a COMPATIBILITY UPDATE - not a remake. Therefore, this is de jure the exact same game? And when it comes to "not having a license", it leads me to point 2:

2. Why do I have access to Katy Perry's Sweet Treats EP in 64x Sims 3 when EA lost this license years ago?

Ahh, I really love the 64 bit update, but there always has to be "that one issue" doesn't it Zipped lips

Anyone experiencing the same issue, or any mods who can bring this forward to the relevant EA staff?

Thanks! Heart

Message 1 of 13 (2,459 Views)

Accepted Solution

@jbd00  The Limited Edition versions of packs are not being transferred to the 64-bit version, but that normally doesn't matter: players get the regular versions and can still download their extra content from the Sims 3 Store.  The confusion may be that the support rep thought you were asking for the Katy Perry edition, not just the regular version of Showtime.  It may not be possible, and I think it isn't, to add an entitlement for the KP edition of Showtime.

However, you should be able to get the regular version of Showtime in 64-bit.  I have it in my account, and I haven't heard any other complaints about support not being able to add that pack at all.  So maybe if you try again with a different rep, you'll be able to get the pack.

By the way, EA not having the license for a product anymore just means they cannot grant new copies of it.  The existing ones still work, both the copies already registered in Origin and any outstanding product keys.  So for example, if I found a sealed KPST disc and registered the code, it would still show up in my Origin account.  But it can't be purchased in Origin.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 13 (2,434 Views)

All Replies

@jbd00  The Limited Edition versions of packs are not being transferred to the 64-bit version, but that normally doesn't matter: players get the regular versions and can still download their extra content from the Sims 3 Store.  The confusion may be that the support rep thought you were asking for the Katy Perry edition, not just the regular version of Showtime.  It may not be possible, and I think it isn't, to add an entitlement for the KP edition of Showtime.

However, you should be able to get the regular version of Showtime in 64-bit.  I have it in my account, and I haven't heard any other complaints about support not being able to add that pack at all.  So maybe if you try again with a different rep, you'll be able to get the pack.

By the way, EA not having the license for a product anymore just means they cannot grant new copies of it.  The existing ones still work, both the copies already registered in Origin and any outstanding product keys.  So for example, if I found a sealed KPST disc and registered the code, it would still show up in my Origin account.  But it can't be purchased in Origin.

Message 2 of 13 (2,435 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hi @puzzlezaddict !

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes, despite having to contact two more representatives until I finally was able to make my case understood, in the end the last one was happy to grant me entitlement for the Showtime EP.

Now I finally have all of them installed 

Message 3 of 13 (2,427 Views)

★★ Novice

I had the same issues. I talked to three customer services reps. and finally got it resolved. 

So they are saying that they did not make a 64-bit version of The Sims 3 Showtime Katy Perry Collector's Edition, which I still don't know why they didn't. It's not like they are making a new game or selling it, most people who play have had these games for years. 

Also, this excuse that they lost the licensing they also gave me doesn't make complete sense because if you go to "Stuff Pack" to the left of "Expansion Packs", they made a 64-bit version of Katy Perry's Sweet Treats. So why make one and not the other. I was finally able to explain to someone that if they can't give me the Katy Perry Collector's Edition, just give me the base game of Showtime, the first two people I talk to said I would need to pay for it, but after explaining to the last person that I already paid more than the base game for the premium version he finally gave it to me but I was on the phone for over an hour getting it worked out. 

Maybe the more people who complain the easier it will get for others because they will update their policies or make a 64 version of the Katy Perry Collector's Edition. Sad to lose some of the content but at least I can play most of the game now .

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 13 (2,294 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just wanted to mention that I had the same issue.

Spoke to an advisor who actually quoted me THIS thread but said it wasn't possible for me to get the basic version of showtime. 

I protested and of course mentioned the obvious that it's a downgraded version and I already have the sweet treats so doesn't make sense etc. but to no avail.

I then raised another case to state a complaint and then the advisor gave me showtime!

Very inconsistent but keep trying and posting, hopefully they'll see this and at least just add showtime for everyone on 64bit that have already purchased the Katy Perry version - just silly not to!

Message 5 of 13 (2,221 Views)

★★★ Guide

@anne-toni wrote:

Spoke to an advisor who actually quoted me THIS thread but said it wasn't possible for me to get the basic version of showtime. 

Lol how ironic - what happened to you was litterally what happened to me, still they quoted my thread 🤣

Message 6 of 13 (2,206 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm trying to get this sorted now and having absolutely no luck. I keep getting told I need to buy the regular version of showtime as it's a different game to the Katy Perry version? Other than the fact the Katy Perry version came with a poster and two additional bits of content though I can't see any difference. I've also had this thread quoted to me and then when I pointed out the responses here stating that other users have been granted entitlement to the regular version of showtime, suddenly this is not an official thread and doesn't matter to my case. Getting seriously fed up and getting nowhere with trying to log a complaint.

Message 7 of 13 (2,085 Views)

@kairi5613  You're correct about this, as evidenced by the various people who have in fact received the regular version of Showtime.  The support rep may be confusing the Katy Perry edition of Showtime with the Katy Perry Sweet Treats stuff pack, and of course owning the stuff pack wouldn't give you the rights to the Showtime EP.

Anyway, I'll forward this thread (again) and see if there's anything else that can be done from your end.

Message 8 of 13 (2,069 Views)

★★★ Guide

I think I know the source of your problem @kairi5613 

I got the same answer when I started a case with Katy Perry Showtime edition SPECIFICALLY.

When I just opened a case and selected the normal edition as the game when opening the case, and just wrote I lacked entitlement, they fixed it immediately 😊 

Message 9 of 13 (2,064 Views)

★★★ Novice

@jbd00 This was what finally worked. Thanks very much!

Message 10 of 13 (1,963 Views)