64 bit sims 3 base game won't download on origin?

by kirstenmarena123

Original Post

Accepted Solution

64 bit sims 3 base game won't download on origin?

★★★ Newbie

I have been wanting to play TS3 on my new macbook for the longest and cannot figure out to save my life how to get it to download.

I already reached out to EA, and they granted access to the 64 bit which I can see. however, when I hit download it says "The download server is not responding. Please give it a few moments and try again. If the problem persists, please contact Origin Help." 

I waited several hours and nothing changed, so I contacted origin help via live chat. They weren't really helpful with this, they kept sending me links to articles for trouble shooting. Everytime I clicked an article it said "this page doesn't exist." I have also reached out to EA via email with no response. they also closed cases of mine from a few months ago that they never helped me with. 

I have tried resetting my mac, logging into origin as an administrator, clearing my caches, hard restart of origin on macs, etc. all the things listed in almost every article and it still will not download. 

I have a Macbook M1 Pro running Ventura 13.1. Laptop and origin are up to date. Can anyone please help me with this?

Message 1 of 4 (679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 64 bit sims 3 base game won't download on origin?

@kirstenmarena123  When you say you reset your Mac, do you mean a factory reset, as in, wiping all data and starting over; or something else?  Have you tried using a different network to download Sims 3?  For example, you could take your laptop to work or school, or a library or coffee shop, and use the wifi there.  Even if it's slow, the idea is to test on a network other than what you have at home in case the issue is your router or ISP.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (659 Views)

All Replies

@kirstenmarena123  When you say you reset your Mac, do you mean a factory reset, as in, wiping all data and starting over; or something else?  Have you tried using a different network to download Sims 3?  For example, you could take your laptop to work or school, or a library or coffee shop, and use the wifi there.  Even if it's slow, the idea is to test on a network other than what you have at home in case the issue is your router or ISP.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 4 (660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Not a factory reset, just a regular reset. I have too much stuff to lose in my laptop for a factory reset 😆 

I have not tried a different network, but I will try that today. When I reset the origin app, I logged back in and all my sims 4 content had to redownload. All of that content downloaded with no issue. But the sims 3 kept saying failed, so I didn’t think it was a network issue. 

Message 3 of 4 (643 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ok, I just tried again before I went to work and it didn't work. Tried at work and it did. So I guess it was a network problem! Thank you for the idea Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (631 Views)