Re: 64-bit download on Mac totally not working

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

64-bit download on Mac totally not working

★ Novice

So I've had a few issues with Sims when downloading the new 64-bit version on my Mac.

Firstly, when I downloaded Catalina and realised the sims no longer worked for me, I uninstalled my games and totally deleted all folders as I also restarted up my laptop however I kept a copy of my mods/downloads folders in my one drive to make future downloads easier. Now after I have downloaded the 64 bit version onto my Mac, I can't locate my electronic arts folder anywhere all I have is a "Sims 3 Packs" with nothing in it. 

Also, the only expansion pack I am able to install is World Adventures and this makes me not want to play my game as I have all but one of the ep's so as you can imagine this just makes gameplay unappealing to me. Is it just me that cant download my expansion packs? 

And finally, what do I do with my mods and cc that I have in my copied folders when I finally get my game to work? Will I be able to copy these folders into my electronic arts folder when I locate it?

Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

★ Novice

UPDATE: I have located my folder and thats all good, but I still am having the problem with my ep's

Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

@EMFSRMEDAENM  Do your other expansions show as owned when you look at the 32-bit version of Sims 3?  A number of players have not received the 64-bit versions despite owning the 32-bit versions of some packs, or even the base game.  If that's the issue, you'll need to contact EA customer support to ask that the "entitlements," as they're called, for the 64-bit versions of your missing packs be added to your account.

https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If your packs aren't listed as owned at all, you'll also need to contact EA support.  You may need to provide proof of purchase or ownership, e.g. receipts or credit card statements, or photos of discs along with the cases and inserts with the product codes showing.

As for the mods and custom content, you can transfer the files to your new Sims 3 user folder, which I'm guessing you found once you launched the game for the first time.  The best practice is to only copy over the files you need, and additionally to copy the files themselves, not the folders they're in.  Here's a list of everything in your user folder, so you'll know what you might want to transfer.

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2011/01/faq-user-files.html

As far as we can tell, any mod that works on patch 1.67/1.69 also works in the new Mac version; that should also be true of custom content, although I haven't tested much.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (150 Views)