Re: 64-bit Sims 3 content not in Origin library

by funcrunch

Original Post

Into the Future Unlocked, but doesn't install

★★★★★ Novice

^^ It added to my library fine, and it says it's unlocked but it hasn't installed and isn't present in game.

Message 71 of 694 (2,084 Views)

Re: Missing expansion packs

★★ Guide
@LucySDay I believe the entitlements are still rolling out. For the packs you own, does it say "unlocked" and give you the option to buy as a gift? if so you just have to wait and it'll come through (or keep trying with support and someone will manually push it through for you).

If you only have the option to buy then maybe you owned those games on discs and you haven't registered your code? (sorry if you have already done so... that's the only reason I could think of)

One helpful indication is going to thesims3.com and log in, and see if the packs are listed under your profile.
Message 72 of 694 (2,075 Views)

Re: Into the Future Unlocked, but doesn't install

★★ Guide
@maerze1 that means your entitlement for it is yet to come through and Origin is only recognizing it as a 32-bit pack that you own.

Your option is to wait for the entitlement issue to finish (it's resolved but the fix is still rolling out slowly) or keep contacting support and someone will be helpful and push it through for you (it's very hit or miss depending on the rep that you get)
Message 73 of 694 (2,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@puzzlezaddictNow I found the 64 bit version in my windows origin. So I came back to Mac and eventually found it but I cannot see 'showtime' expansion pack. it's still missing. :D

Message 74 of 694 (2,098 Views)

Re: Sims 3 EP

@Fefyy  The granting of entitlements, as they're called, is lagging behind for new purchases.  It's an issue on EA's end that they're sorting out; it should be resolved soon, hopefully within a few days or a week.  Please see thsi post for more information:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/the-sims-3-64-bit-amp-metal-release/m-p/9652952#M8808

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 75 of 694 (1,989 Views)

@aodoherty  Things are moving along... slowly.  I wouldn't worry about it for now.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 76 of 694 (2,066 Views)

Re: Sims 3 64-Bit - EPs

EA Staff
@AeiaVio From what I understand at the moment, there is a communication problem between Origin client and The Sims 3 that makes the EPs not show as "active" in Launcher even though they are, in fact, active. I also believe @Bluebellflora and @puzzlezaddict has been doing amazing work figuring out why some people aren't seeing them in-game and others are.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 77 of 694 (2,049 Views)

★★ Guide

I've been checking my Origin library daily and I still only have the 32 bit version of the base game (which I bought back in 2009, so not a recent purchase by any means). I contacted EA customer support yesterday (after several failed tries as their web site kept hanging) and got into a live chat with a rep that said that the new version is still rolling out. From reading this thread it looks like whether the rep understands the issue or not is hit-or-miss. Maybe I should have uttered the magic words "please grant me the entitlements"?

Message 78 of 694 (2,033 Views)

64-Bit not showing up on mac

★★★ Novice

Hi!

I downloaded and installed the game, but it didn't say anything specific about the 64-bit update and it won't even open to a loading screen. Should I be downloading it from the store or is it automatically applied and just not working on my laptop?

Message 79 of 694 (2,006 Views)

Re: Sims 3 Won't Install - MAC

★★★ Newbie

Thanks for your insight. I don't have the content at all. 

Message 80 of 694 (2,015 Views)