64 Bit and Big Sur - Macbook Air - NOT WORKING?

by maddilline

Original Post

64 Bit and Big Sur - Macbook Air - NOT WORKING?

★ Novice

Hi!

I am on a MacBook Air 2020 

Big Sur

1.2 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7

Intel Iris Plus Graphics 1536 MB

I have the Sims 3 64-bit and when I tried downloading on Catalina it loaded with a green and purple screen of diamond graphic shapes, so I updated my laptop and now I am just having a white popup box, I tried origin - advance command box -fullscreen but this didn't change anything. Is there an issue with my laptop I only got it the other day as my MacBook Air 2017 was struggling with storage when playing sims3? I have redownloaded and deleted the game 3 times now. 

Message 1 of 2 (178 Views)

Re: 64 Bit and Big Sur - Macbook Air - NOT WORKING?

[ Edited ]

@maddilline  You can ignore the command line box in Origin and just manually edit options.ini, in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  There's a value for "fullscreen" you can set to 0 or 1; use cmd-F to find the line.

Please make sure that iCloud isn't running and set to automatically sync the contents of Documents with cloud storage.  User settings are stored in the Sims 3 folder in Documents, and if that folder is interfered with, the game might not open at all.  This guide is for a different issue, but the relevant settings are the same:

https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

If that doesn't help, please attach your deviceconfig.log to a post; it's in Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3.  (You'll need to manually open the folders; the file won't show up in a search.)  You can delete your user and computer names, about 25 lines down, but there's nothing else in that file that can identify you.

Please also let me know whether you use a third-party antivirus, and if so, which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 2 (156 Views)