2 of the Sims 3 transgaming files wont delete after clean uninstall

by matrixgirljones

Original Post

Accepted Solution

2 of the Sims 3 transgaming files wont delete after clean uninstall

★ Novice

Hi everyone, I've just done a clean uninstall as per bluebellflora's excellent instructions (thanks bluebellflora!). Well, I guess it should be done, except that 2 files won't delete (Trash won't empty) as they are 'in use'. They can't be in use tho, because all traces of the Sims3 and EPs and SPs are deleted....

The 2 files are:

com.transgaming.thesims3.plist

com.transgaming.thesims3sp04.plist

When I tried dragging them to the desktop and opening them (so I could close them) Text Edit opened little pop up windows with short messages, as follow:

com.transgaming.thesims3.plist -

bplist00”_AppleScrollBarVariant_declinedOSChecks^AppleLanguagesVSingle°V10.9.5°Ren':IPRY[ ^

com.transgaming.thesims3sp04.plist -

bplist00”_AppleScrollBarVariant_declinedOSChecks^AppleLanguagesVSingle°V10.9.5°Ren':IPRY[ ^

I have been having a problem with the error

"Exception Raised Unhandled page fault on read access to 0x00000000 at address 0x0040b587. Do you want to debug it? Yes No"

not allowing me to open my game past the launcher. I tried a bunch of the suggestions on these forums, so far no solution. So, I wanted to try a clean uninstall and then slowly reinstall and try a few of the other suggestions that I haven't gotten to yet. I'm concerned if I don't sort out this issue of phantom transgaming files, first, it will muddy the waters when I try my reinstall.

I'm not sure if it's relevant but just in case:

I don't want to deal with Origin so I'm installing with disks only. They all played fine.... for a while.

Base game, High End Loft, Ambitions, Late Night, Outdoor Living, Generations, Town Life.

My computer is an iMac 21.5"

Processor 2.7 GHz Intel Core i5

Memory 8 GB 1600MHz DDR3

Graphics Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Running OS X 10.9.5

It has 1 TB storage with 268.46 GB available

Any suggestions on how I might empty the trash completely and get rid of these files? Thanks so much

Message 1 of 3 (329 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: 2 of the Sims 3 transgaming files wont delete after clean uninstall

@matrixgirljones  This may sound simple, and perhaps you've already tried it, but have you restarted your computer?  Have you looked at the Activity Monitor to make sure nothing Sims-related is still running?  (Open Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor)

You can also take a look at the properties of the two files by right-clicking and selecting Get Info.  They shouldn't be locked, or at least, they're not on my install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (321 Views)

All Replies

@matrixgirljones  This may sound simple, and perhaps you've already tried it, but have you restarted your computer?  Have you looked at the Activity Monitor to make sure nothing Sims-related is still running?  (Open Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor)

You can also take a look at the properties of the two files by right-clicking and selecting Get Info.  They shouldn't be locked, or at least, they're not on my install.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 3 (322 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you!

*facepalm* it only took a restart....

Sorry to waste your time, Ive spent so long trying to sort the error message it's melted my brain. Thank you again for taking the time to help Standard smile

Message 3 of 3 (310 Views)