Re: Error while opening sims 4 mac

by MaxisJoe

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

Boa tarde,

Peço desculpa, não tinha percebido que era em Portugues...

Basicamente, comprei o SIMS 4 a semana passada pelo Origin, e tudo estava a funcionar bem.

Esta semana o origin fez uma actualização qualquer ao jogo e agora não o consigo abrir. Aparece o erro em anexo...

Message 711 of 1,013 (1,808 Views)

Re: [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0] Updated patch, now can't open game!

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Do not have Portuguese in The Sims game???

[Edited by EA_Mai - removed all caps. Forum rules here]

Message 712 of 1,013 (1,838 Views)

Moved your post to this thread, please see the solution on page 1 for workarounds.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 713 of 1,013 (1,789 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

We have just released a patch to address this issue, please find the patch notes below.

Thanks everyone for your patience while we worked on a fix for this issue.

Hello Simmers,
We have a small but important update to address some critical issues for macOS players. Thank you for your reports and assistance in tracking down, and drawing awareness to these important issues.

• Players can once again launch The Sims 4 in their language preference when their choice is different from the Origin language options.
  • Downloaded Packs are now correctly moved to their new location. Origin will no longer insist on reinstalling the packs. This means players won’t end up with two copies.
  • A few stability improvements were made.

Additional Information:
If one of the workarounds from AnswersHQ was applied to get the game going last week, players don’t have to undo it. No additional action is necessary.

Message 714 of 1,013 (1,771 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

All - with the release that @EA_Mai mentions above none of the workarounds I've described should be needed any longer. To benefit, you MUST download the update. If you've applied the workaround(s) then you do not need to undo them. You can now properly set the Origin client to your preferred language even if the language is not supported by The Sims 4 (e.g. French (Canada)). Likewise languages supported by The Sims 4 and NOT supported by the Origin client will now work correctly when set through the GUI (you don't need to edit your PLIST to make Czech or Simplified Chinese work!).

Please let us know if you see anything that contradicts the above.

--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 715 of 1,013 (43,623 Views)

Re: Error[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

★★★ Newbie

I lost all muy stuff and my sims, and all the game that i created Frown 

I do all the things you said... put in english my game errase all my stuff!!! 

Message 716 of 1,013 (1,731 Views)

EA Staff
@kmarango17 If you look in your Documents folder you will see an Electronic Arts folder. In there you will find "The Sims 4" folders localized into different languages. One of them likely has all your saved game in it. Make sure The Sims 4 isn't running, then copy that data into the folder with the language you're using right now. Once you start The Sims 4 back up you should have your saves back.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 717 of 1,013 (1,720 Views)

[ Edited ]

@kmarango17

Is there an additional folder in your Electronic Arts folder? A new one may have been created when you changed the language. Check in there for your saves etc.

Edit - what @MaxisJoe said Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 718 of 1,013 (1,718 Views)

135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0 Still not working after update!

★★★★★ Newbie

After updating the game once again still not working. I tried everything, that was told. Uninstalled the game, then installed it again. Change languages 3 times but none of them worked. So I don't understand what I'm doing wrong with this whole situation? 

Message 719 of 1,013 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi, 
Sorry in advance, my English isn't perfect and I don't know if I'll be able to explain things correctly. 

Long story short - I've read, I think, everything from this thread, tried everything that I could find here, and my game STILL doesn't work. 
I've reinstalled origin, than the game, than removed all the files (origin&sims) and reinstalled everything again (by "all the files" I mean files I knew for sure are origin/sims connected, because I'm no computer wiz, I'm a basic blonde chic, so after reinstalling the game, my saves files and basically everything from the "The Sims 4" folder went back as If I've never deleted it). 
Also, I have super slow internet so downloading the game takes about 5 hours. Yes, I'm up since yesterday, reading forum and trying to figure this out Standard smile 

I'm using mods in the game, but atfer second reinstalling I've deleted them completely from the game and my computer. Nothing fancy, very basic mods that all moders are using. But still - with or without them, game doesn't work. If the mods are in the folder, my game ALMOST launches and then crashes. Without mods I immediately see the screen with error at sturt up: 

[135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0]

I've also checked the plist files (I have two). I THINK they are correct. My languages matches within files and with the language in Origin (Polish, btw). 
The only weird thing about them is that one of them is placed in different folder than the second one. I don't know how to explain it, so I'm attaching screenshots so you can see what I mean. 

The path for 1 screenshot is:
Macintosh HD -> Biblioteki -> Application Support -> Origin -> ClientInfo.plist

In this "Clientinfo.plist" there is no "string" area that I could change. Only <key>IsBeta</key>.

The path for 2 screenshot is:
Users -> Lenika -> Library -> Application Support -> Origin ->Installer Data -> Sims4_Locale.plist and sims4_setLocale.log.

In the plist and log files I have the same language (pl_PL)

So yeah, please, PLEASE, help me fix this. I just want to be a mermaid and since yesterday I can't Frown 

Thank you so much in advance. 

Message 720 of 1,013 (1,577 Views)