Re: Error: Initialization error at start up

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: [135dec40:90f690cf:00000075:495f32a0] Updated patch, now can't open game!

★★ Novice

Thank you for your help. It worked Cool

Message 341 of 1,013 (3,509 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I changed the language from Swedish to English and it seems to work now. I will try to change it back to Swedish in case I need to. Thank you!

Message 342 of 1,013 (3,837 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi everyone,

If you are joining this thread now, please, know that the team is investigating this issue, but we have 3 workarounds that can help you get back into the game at the moment. These workarounds have helped other players so I'd recommend trying them out, following the instructions carefully. If first one doesn't work for you, give it a try to the others: this one, this one and this one. Standard smile

If you are still unable to launch your game, please let us know, sharing some details on what you tried and what languages your Origin and game are set to.

I also need to remind everyone that this is the English section of the forums, and as such every comment posted here must be in English so everyone can read. I totally understand if you feel more comfortable posting in another language (like French) - that's the reason we have other language sections on Answers HQ where you can post in your preferred language. Wink Here's the main thread for this issue in French. For other languages, please, use the language selector at the top of the page and choose your preferred language.

Thanks,

-Mai

Message 343 of 1,013 (3,895 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 unable to start

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Darko Thanks for the reply! I did it, and still, the same error.
Message 344 of 1,013 (3,752 Views)

Re: Unable to start: Initialization error at start up. [135dec40:90f690cf:0000

Hero
@kristinavesela I merged your post with the master thread on this.

Please see solution post for a workaround.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 345 of 1,013 (4,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

GUYS, WHO CANNOT FIND THEIR PLIST FILES OR THE INSTALLER DATA FOLDER!

I had the same problem last night, the thing is there are 2 libraries, so in order to find the right one open Finder and on the top menu click "Go", then hold alt/option and you will see the hidden Library section appear among other ones. Click on it, go to Application Support -> Origin -> Installer Data and there you will have your plist files.

Message 346 of 1,013 (4,105 Views)

Hi everyone,

Two ways to access the Users > [User] > Library > Application Support > Origin > Installer Data folder:

Method 1:

Follow the instructions in the video to reveal the hidden Library folder and then navigate to the Installer Data folder -

Method 2:

In Finder click Go > Go to Folder.. in the top menu bar. Copy and paste the following file path in the pop up window and click Go

~/Library/Application Support/Origin/Installer Data

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 347 of 1,013 (4,064 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi!

Thanks for your reply. I tried this, I changed the game language to English and it launched, however all my progress was deleted and I had to start the game again.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Message 348 of 1,013 (4,054 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA app Team

Hi @inisoli, in which language you had your game before changing it to English?

Message 349 of 1,013 (4,052 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@EA_Mai Hi!! I had it in Spanish.
But: good news, I changed the language settings of the Origin app to Spanish (which I previously had in English US), and changed again inside Origin the language settings of the game to Spanish and IT WORKED, I had there all my game progress as I left it. Maybe changing the language is like creating a new game app...

Thank you so much for your quick reply!!!
Message 350 of 1,013 (4,022 Views)