❗️ graphics issue with any reflective/shiny surface

by ajduckie

Original Post

Re: ❗️ graphics issue with any reflective/shiny surface

★ Apprentice

Do you have cc in your game? It will happen to everything eventually whether or not it’s on a particular lot of you have certain cc downloaded. Any cc televisions and computers will cause this. So Arnie’s Plumfruit, a lot by Littledica including this fancy two space refrigerator 😭 and some of the add on or separated cc that has a tv in it.

Message 51 of 67 (2,264 Views)

Graphics issue - shiny outdoor flooring

★★★★ Novice

First things first, here are my specs:

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)

Processor: 2,9 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB (Metal Supported)

See the attached image (GraphicsSettings) for my in-game graphics settings.

So, I've been having this reoccuring problem with floors looking shiny/reflective when placed outdoors. It happens with both CC and EA floors, and specifically those that have some sort of shiny/reflective overlay to them already. This is most noticable in direct sunlight, but can be seen at night too when looking closely. I've attached two screenshots of the problem occuring on a lot in Oasis Springs, in daylight, on an EA floor.

What confounds me the most, though, is that this isn't a constant problem. It does go away when I uninstall all my mods, but it doesn't always appear when I have mods installed. For example, I've sometimes started the game with mods installed, haven't had a problem, quit the game, only to start the game again a few hours later without any changes to my mods folder or anything else, and suddenly the floors are shiny.

It's also worth mentioning that this is a problem that's persisted over at least a couple of years, so it doesn't seem like it's linked to any particular patch/game version or OS/OS version.

Message 52 of 67 (1,940 Views)

Re: Graphics issue - shiny outdoor flooring

@tastethevenom

It’s an issue that has been around for years and appeared after an update. Merged into the main thread.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 53 of 67 (1,906 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I saw this thread but wasn’t sure if it was the same issue. Thanks for the quick reply!
Message 54 of 67 (1,891 Views)

@tastethevenom

Try changing the texture using S4S. The shiny bits on some wall coverings annoyed me too so I went through my CC folder and edited them all. Very laborious but worth it for CC you can't do without Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 55 of 67 (1,877 Views)

reflective squares on surfaces!!

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.205.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? cottage living, island living, get famous, seasons, realm of magic, paranormal stuff, holiday celebration
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? unsure
What happens when the bug occurs? the reflective squares move with the camera and camera angles. at first it would happen every other time I played the game, now its every time.
What do you expect to see? there shouldn't be any squares.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Hello, if anyone can help me out I would dearly appreciate that!! 

My game has these white squares on pretty much anything that has a shiny or reflective surface to it. it started all of a sudden. I didn't download or add any new files to my game or anything. I have attached the screen grabs from around my house.

Message 56 of 67 (1,840 Views)

Re: reflective squares on surfaces!!

Hero
@ButaLuv Have you removed all your mods/cc ?

If so, Could you post your Computer's DxDiag?

- Press Windows-Key + R
- Type: DxDiag
- Click on Save all Information.
- Attach the Text File to your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 57 of 67 (1,831 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hello!

yes I did remove all of my cc/mods. the reflections are still there, although, not as many. (refer to screen grab) I have the DxDiag attached.

Message 58 of 67 (1,817 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am on a MacBook, can you tell me how to find the DxDiag on a Mac?

Message 59 of 67 (1,813 Views)

@ButaLuv

Merged into the main Mac thread. It's a CC issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 60 of 67 (1,807 Views)