Sims 4 freezes on MacBook Air M1

by Timtjstul

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 isn't working on my Mac please help!

★★★ Newbie

Sorry I couldn't answer. Yes it has M1 chip. I open the game then I click on a random thing (bed, lamp,...) and SCREEN just freezes. Song goes on or I can write cheats (ı can hear the writing sound) but my screen stays like that and I deleted origin and ts4 then reinstalled, repaired the game, deleted all my mods, deleted some files but no! Still the same and it is so annoying!!!

Message 451 of 700 (704 Views)

@AlyaMiray

Enable vsync in the in-game options and see if that fixes it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 452 of 700 (708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It worked! Thank u so much Standard smile))))

Message 453 of 700 (669 Views)

Sims 4 keeps freezing on MacBook Air

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? idk like the latest one
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of the expansion packs, most of the game packs and stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? i'm not sure
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to play the game but one of two things happens: 1. I open the game and as soon as it starts up it just freezes and never ends up loading. 2. I get into the Create a Sim are but after a few minutes it just freezes and never ends up loading.
What do you expect to see? I expect the game to just work like normal but it doesn't.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've been playing The Sims 4 for a bit over two years and I've had the occasional crash but nothing like this. I used to play on my old Lenovo computer but I just got a new MacBook Air for Christmas so I downloaded Origin and then downloaded Sims. The first time I started it up I was able to get to the Create a Sim area but then after a few minutes the entire game froze and just never loaded. I had to turn off and restart my whole computer to get it off my screen. Every time since then either that same thing has happened or the game freezes before it even loads to the main menu. It's weird though because if I click my mouse I can hear the in-game noise that it makes when you click, but the screen is still completely frozen. The music in the background still continues to play as well, while the screen is frozen. I've undownloaded Origin and redownloaded it, and tried everything I've seen on the online forums. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Message 454 of 700 (654 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps freezing on MacBook Air

@madelaineprovinc

New Mac with M1 chip?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 455 of 700 (556 Views)

★ Novice

yeah i think so

Message 456 of 700 (552 Views)

Re: Crashing in CAS M1 chip Big Sur MacBook

★★ Novice

I have exactly the same issue, very annoying. After a few minutes of playing, the game freezes and I have to force restart my MacBook Air M1. 

Message 457 of 700 (544 Views)

Re: Compatible with Apple M1 Chip?

★★ Novice

I do have exactly the same issue, so annoying!! 

Message 458 of 700 (544 Views)

★★ Novice

My game freezes every time I start playing. I do have the new MacBook Air M1. I have no clue how to fix this.

Message 459 of 700 (498 Views)

Sims 4 freezes on MacBook Air M1

★★ Novice

I have the new MacBook Air M1 and my game keeps freezing after 5 minutes of playing. I have to restart my MacBook to make it work again. Very annoying, and I don’t know how to fix it!

Message 460 of 700 (511 Views)