Re: my game crashes when i use CAS

by SimMinnie79

Original Post

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm having the same problem ever since I got my new computer. It's the new Macbook Air M1. Origin wouldn't even work at first until I got in touch with EA and they sent me a new download link for Origin, which now works. Ever since then, I can't use CAS because it crashes my game. I have no mods, or cc, this is a brand new computer and I just installed both Origin and the Sims 4. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I can't enjoy the game anymore Frown 

Message 281 of 700 (1,127 Views)

@SimMinnie79

Please read the solution on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 282 of 700 (1,074 Views)

Sims 4 Game Crashes and Freezes in CAS with MacOS M12020

★ Novice

I recently got a new computer, the latest version of the MacBook Air. It has 500 gb of storage, so obviously enough for the game. I downloaded Sims 4, downloaded all my packs, removed all of my Custom Content and opened the Sims. I go to the CAS part and within two minutes of playing, my Sims 4 will completely freeze and I can't exit off of it or anything so I have to restart my whole computer. I have clicked "repair" multiple times. I have uninstalled my whole game, deleted the folders and everything, four different times now and it has STILL not fixed anything. This happens 100% of the time and I have no other idea on how to fix this. Please help because I have no other ideas. I do not know if this is happening to anyone else, but it is so irritating not being able to play this. Especially with a new computer that has no problems with any other games.

Message 283 of 700 (886 Views)

Sims 4 Freezing and Crashing

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
PlatformMacOS M1, 2020
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? most recent
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Almost all of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? try to play post-update on a Mac. Go on CAS for two minutes and it will freeze.
What happens when the bug occurs? the game freezes
What do you expect to see? It freezes and won't load. You have to shut your whole computer off in order to use it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Game update on 12.16.20

I downloaded it for the first time on 12.16.20. It freezes and won't load. I have repaired, restarted, re-installed, deleted all custom content, deleted origin and then re-installed it and it still has issues. I have a 2020 MacBook Air. 

Message 284 of 700 (895 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Freezing and Crashing

@caycay2044

Merged. Please read the solution on page 1 for a fix.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 285 of 700 (873 Views)

Re: sims 4 crashing and freezing dec 7 2020 pc

★★★ Newbie

I just brought for my new mac and it’s freezing too, can’t even create a sim without it crashing 

Message 286 of 700 (825 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Sorry, I didn't see that. I'm still new to the forum, trying to figure out how it works. Thanks for the help, and patience, everyone.

Message 287 of 700 (750 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Game Crashes and Freezes in CAS with MacOS M12020

★★★ Newbie

Go to game options and make sure vertical sync: box is checked

Message 288 of 700 (781 Views)

Origin keeps crashing during game (sims), saying another user is using it

★★★ Newbie

Hi all,

Recently I bought a new MacBook Pro with the M1 processor, and I used Time Machine to transfer all of my files over. My laptop works perfectly fine, but every time I try to play Sims 4 through Origin, it crashes for various reasons. Sometimes when I try to open Origin, it says that I can't open it because another user is using it which isn't what's happening because I don't have another user on my laptop, and no one else is logged in on my Origin account. Other times it'll say that Origin can't be opened because it isn't installed, which it is. I have tried to delete my cache folder as EA help told me to but that didn't fix anything. I've also uninstalled Sims (fully), deleted all of my mods, and Origin and reinstalled them. Sometimes it'll let me play for 15 seconds but as soon as I try to create a sim it'll freeze then ultimately crash. I've also tried to repair the game, as well as using ResetOrigin which fixed this issue for 15 seconds until it crashed while I tried to play again. It worked perfectly fine on my old MacBook Air, and I am at my wit's end. It is incredibly frustrating and I would appreciate anyone's help. I attached some of the messages I've gotten. Thank you

Message 289 of 700 (789 Views)

My Sims 4 Game keeps freezing my computer. Please Help!!

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I recently redownloaded the Sims 4 to my new laptop and I'm very frustrated because I can't play it. Every time I open CAS detail edit mode, my entire laptop freezes. This is very inconvenient and I've spoken to customer support several times and no one has been helpful to me. I've tried:

- Deleting and re-downloading both Origin and the Sims 4 

-Removing my Mods and Tray folders

-Minimizing my screen 

-Repairing the game 

-Removing legacy edition 

-Removing the localthumbcache.package file 

I've also noticed that, for some reason, my computer has two Sims 4 folders--One in the Electronic Arts folder that's normal and the other Sims 4 folder is full of a bunch of random documents. My "Sims 4 Packs" folder also for some reason is not in my Sims 4 folder every time I try to download it (and I've tried putting it back in there but this still doesn't fix the freezing problem).

Someone please help me resolve this issue, I've paid a lot for this game and this whole process of trying to get it fixed has been too difficult. 

For more information, my laptop is the Macbook Pro 2020 (M1 processor) and the operating system is MacOS BigSur 11.0.

Message 290 of 700 (889 Views)