Re: Compatible with Apple M1 Chip?

by simplyluke__

Original Post

★★ Novice

I just got the 13 inch MacBook Air & had the same issue of my CAS freezing after a few seconds. I spoke to people at apple for over an hour and they ended up saying that intel software isn't able to run on M1 yet, and that EA has to come out with some sort of universal file type for the sims game that is able to be processed by M1. 

Message 51 of 700 (6,594 Views)

@rubisbanner

What about enabling VSync as @Maxijoe has recommended here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Compatible-with-Apple-M1-Chip/m-p/9754933#M40222 did it not improve performance?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 52 of 700 (6,588 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm sure EA will release a universal (x86+ARM) version of Sims eventually, but I'm guessing it's not a top priority considering how well the game actually runs on M1. A bugfix for whatever causes the freezing with vertical sync off will probably do fine for a good while.

Message 53 of 700 (6,582 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@rubisbanner I had the same issue. But I turned on Vertical Sync in Game Options and I haven’t had crashing since then. I recommend trying it out. 

Message 54 of 700 (6,551 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe One more question, The Sims 4 is working perfectly now thanks to your help! But I’m having the same issue with The Sims 3 64-bit. Is there an option in Sims 3 like in Sims 4 that I should enable to prevent the crashing?

Message 55 of 700 (6,546 Views)

Sims 4 CAS freezes

★★★ Newbie

I’m on a brand new Mac and every time I use CAS, the game freezes. I don’t know what to do. 

Message 56 of 700 (4,382 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@MaxisJoe This option has worked for me also, no more crashing! Thank you! Now I can buy my missing packs haha
Message 57 of 700 (6,419 Views)

★★★★ Novice

so……since there has no problem running TSM4 should I buy the MacBook Pro M1 chip because there is a fan on it?my 2017 12inch MacBook is really hot when running TSM4

Message 58 of 700 (6,339 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My mac gets slightly warm when playing, but not nearly as hot like my last mac.

Message 59 of 700 (6,316 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@simplyluke__ whats your gameplay Graphic settings?

Message 60 of 700 (6,313 Views)