Re: Compatible with Apple M1 Chip?

by simplyluke__

Original Post

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe Yeah, I play on the new MacBook Pro with the M1 chip, and the game would load up really quickly, but after like 10-15 seconds of either being in CAS, build mode, or live mode, my computer would freeze but the audio would still work. I'm reinstalling the game now and i'm going to try checking off vertical sync to see if that fixes anything.

Message 41 of 697 (7,140 Views)

EA Staff
@simplyluke__ Cool. Thanks for confirming. Please report back once you have additional information.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 42 of 697 (7,111 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Mine is exactly the same (minus the HDMI part of course). I should also probably add to my previous specs - I am running with the air a model up from the base model with 8 CPU & GPU. 

I agree. Sound is good and when I click randomly on the screen it responds correctly but the images are frozen. 

I’m more than confident it’ll work eventually, once they can make it more compatible with the new chips. 

Message 43 of 697 (7,090 Views)

@wnderland @simplyluke__

How hot is the Mac getting when it freezes? Does the fan in the MacBook Pro ramp up? The MacBook Air doesn't have a fan.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 44 of 697 (7,059 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@MaxisJoe So far so good! I've been playing and building with Vertical Sync turned on and so far no crashing or freezing!!! Everyone turn on Vertical Sync under game options. But I think that prevented the crashing. If anything else happens I'll lyk.

Message 45 of 697 (7,058 Views)

EA Staff
@simplyluke__ Fantastic! Thanks for the fast feedback.
--
I am an employee of EA.

Please do not send me private messages unless I ask you to. I promise that you will get help faster in the public forum. Thank you.
Message 46 of 697 (7,035 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@MaxisJoe Wow, that did the trick. That was an unexpectedly simple fix. Thank you!

Message 47 of 697 (6,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflorastill the same as my first post, have left it running (without touching anything to make it crash) for 3 hrs and the bottom gets warm, but not hot, nor as warm as my 2017 model air. When it freezes, it stays this way and doesn’t get hotter. 

I’m looking forward to trying to vertical sync option after work! So exciting to hear it’s working for others!

Message 48 of 697 (6,962 Views)

★★ Novice

HI Guys,

I just got my new MacBook Air yesterday and was also worried about that. But I can tell you that it works fine on it. I have all packages of Sims 4 and it works very smooth. I also adjust the gameplay Graphic to high end level and it still works fine to me. So no worries! Wink 

Message 49 of 697 (6,911 Views)

★★ Novice
@Academicalili It works very good though Wink
Message 50 of 697 (6,919 Views)