Re: Sims 4 freezing Macbook Air. Help!

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

hi

★★★ Newbie

hi i have mac book pro big sur chip apple M1 then i download sims 4 but its always crashing what can i do thanksss

Message 651 of 700 (702 Views)

Re: hi

@Maria002497

See the solution on page 1 of this thread and enable vsync.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 652 of 700 (681 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 game keeps getting hanged at the create-a-sim page

Hero
@Estellee_abi Are you still having issues ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 653 of 700 (485 Views)

create a sim error

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living, discover university, realm of magic, strangerville, tiny living, island living, get famous, seasons, cats and dogs, my first pet stuff, jungle adventure, laundry day, parenthood, get together, fitness stuff, get to work, vampires, dine out, toddler stuff, backyard stuff, vintage glamour stuff, kids room stuff, movie hangout stuff, outdoor retreat, cool kitchen stuff, spa day, perfect patio, holiday celebration pack, moschino stuff pack, legacy edition
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? you can find the bug by going into create a sim
What happens when the bug occurs? whenever i go into create a sim (every single time) at some point it just freezes, usually when i am editing the body or face, not so much with traits or clothes that i have noticed, I physically cannot fix it unless i turn off my MacBook completely, everything else in the game works perfectly besides the create a sim, i do not own any custom content and I have done literally everything to fix this issue and nothing is working, please please help me with this issue.
What do you expect to see? you expect to see the whole screen freeze, the music in the background still plays, but i can not control anything, the screen freezes completely
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

once you go into create a sim within seconds of creating the whole screen will freeze, there is no way to fix it that i know of

Message 654 of 700 (555 Views)

Sims 4 freezing Macbook Air. Help!

★★★ Newbie

I have a macbook air and just downloaded the Sims 4. I can’t even get passed creating a sim character without my whole mac freezing. 

Message 655 of 700 (440 Views)

Re: create a sim error

Hero
@Sa823 What processor do you have ? A M1 ? If so, try turning on Vsync in your options.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 656 of 700 (414 Views)

★ Novice
@crinrict wow thank you so so so much! I believe that fixed my issue! I cannot thank you enough
Message 657 of 700 (485 Views)

Hero
@Sa823 I merged your post with the main thread on this then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 658 of 700 (478 Views)

@maddienicole14

Does it have an M1 chip?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 659 of 700 (504 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, I believe so. It’s the newest macbook air that has came out. There is no fan, but it didn’t seem to get hot. 

Message 660 of 700 (515 Views)