Re: sims 4 crashes in create a sim.

by Nicv1990

Original Post

game crashes when cursor moves

★★★★★ Newbie

I have an issue atm where every time I try to load my game it crashes whenever I move my cursor (which is obviously an issue) I can get all the way to the main menu screen if I don't move or touch anything but as soon as I move my cursor the game crashes and I get a mac app crash message. I have played the Sims 4 for a little while now and have dealt with my fair share of crashes and bugs but my usual fixes aren't working. I have tried removing all my CC, repairing the game from Origin, creating a whole new sims folder, etc. the specs of my mac are as follows

macOS Big Sur

MacBook Air M1, 2020

Memory: 8GB LPDDR4

Graphics: 2560 x 1600 Built-In Retina LCD

I play The Sims 4 through Origin and have many packs and CC (although as I stated I have removed my CC for now)

Message 521 of 694 (482 Views)

Re: game crashes when cursor moves

@ditzy_k1tten

Merged into the main thread. Please see the solution on page 1 and enable vsync.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 522 of 694 (470 Views)

Mouse Freezes during CAS

★★★ Newbie

I am able to choose hair and skin color but maybe a minute in the next time I move my cursor to the Sim, it gets stuck. I can’t move the mouse at all in windowed or full screen mode meaning I have to hard restart my laptop. 
My laptop is a new MacBook Air with the M1 

I tried repairing the game like someone suggested. No difference was made. 

I’m filing for a refund but I was really excited for this game so I’d rather find a solution.

I can’t believe this has been a problem for 7 years and they still haven’t fixed it

Message 523 of 694 (461 Views)

Re: Mouse Freezes during CAS

@LooptyLu328

It's been a problem for approximately 4 months, not 7 years. Merged into the stickied thread. Please read the solution on page 1 and enable vsync.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 524 of 694 (455 Views)

Re: game crashes when cursor moves

★★★★★ Newbie
@Bluebellflora you're a legend thanks
Message 525 of 694 (448 Views)

Re: Compatible with Apple M1 Chip?

★★★ Newbie
@Thejzko What setting did you change?
Message 526 of 694 (365 Views)

Re: is the macbook air m1 chip compatible?

★★★★★ Novice

You need to use safari to download origin not chrome or Firefox 

Message 527 of 694 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

There is issue were you click origin more then ones you end up to two versions of origin and then that Warning will come up  so you probably click origin once thinking it wasn’t actually opening and clicked it again 

Message 528 of 694 (496 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ea really needs update origin and sims 4 to run M1 natively because some point in the future every Mac is going to have a type of silicone chip 

Message 529 of 694 (492 Views)

Re: sims 4 crashes in create a sim.

★★★★★ Novice

That’s basically has something to with Rosetta 2 messing up translating audio it has nothing to do with the Mac it’s definitely weird 

rossetta is translating intel version of origin with is also translated sims 4 

Message 530 of 694 (491 Views)