[FIXED] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [NEED INFO] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

@BryNikaMua 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Why is it unplayable? Any error messages?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 51 of 614 (2,669 Views)

★★★ Novice

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019

2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

and ill have problems where the games won't load they will just crash and then sends a report to apple. I will have weird textures glitches that will cover the screen. sometimes the floors won't show up. most of the time the game just crashes on the loading screens. any suggestions on how to fix it ?

Message 52 of 614 (2,879 Views)

@BryNikaMua

Did you try moving the Sims 4 folder to the desktop and try a clean game before disabling retina, enabling Vertical Sync and disabling iCloud?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 53 of 614 (2,858 Views)

★★★ Novice

I did all of that and nothing works. Last week I was playing with high settings and everything was fine and now it’s broken 

Message 54 of 614 (2,835 Views)

@BryNikaMua

Hopefully EA will fix this for you.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 55 of 614 (2,808 Views)

My game keeps crashing on MacBook Pro

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hello! I recently bought a new MacBook Pro 16,1 8-core intel core i9, I installed Sims 4, and transferred my save file and mods folder to Mac. But my game keeps crashing down after 2 minutes of opening it, a message appears saying sims 4 has closed unexpectedly. And I t seems to always crash faster when I try to zoom out.
My game and computer are updated. I tried everything, I deleted the mods folder, deleted the saves and started a new game, deleted the sims 4 folder and generated a new one, tried different graphic settings, turned of the retine mode, nothing works. I recently bought the university expansion. My game worked just fine on my old computer, the only diference is that I didn't have the university expansion yet. Please help me.

Message 56 of 614 (2,831 Views)

Re: My game keeps crashing on MacBook Pro

@nerdryr1

Merged your thread into this one specifically on the new 16" MBPs Standard smile Could you try the suggestions in the opening post on page 1 and see how you get on?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 57 of 614 (2,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora Thank you so much for your help! Standard smile Unfortunately my game keeps crashing even after I tried what you suggested on page 1. I tried disabling icloud drive, disabling retina display and enabling vertical sync. Nothing worked. I tried repairing the game again, I also tried disabling origin in game as you suggested, nothing. Then I tried to create a new account on Mac, but it said the game was having problems starting. 

My Mac specifications are:

macOS Catalina Version 10.15.4

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 

Processor 2,3 GHz Intel Core i9

Memory 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Graphics AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I also have an antivirus instaled, it's called Avira.

Thanks again for trying to help me. Standard smile 

Message 58 of 614 (2,709 Views)

@nerdryr1

What was the error message in the new account, could you post a screenshot of it?

Disable your antivirus too and see if that helps.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 59 of 614 (2,681 Views)

Floor Disappears and Build Mode Crashes Game

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EP: Cats and Dogs, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Discover University, Seasons. GP: Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Vampires. SP: Bowling Stuff, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, My First Pet Stuff, Romantic Garden, Vintage Glamour.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Launch the game and enter any lot with floor tiles.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor disappears and the developer space below the game's ground level is visible.Objects float above the ground, but the floor is missing When trying to enter build mode the game crashes. When a sims walks on the transparent space the game crashes.
What do you expect to see? The floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This is after a fresh install of Origin and The Sims 4 onto a new 2019 Macbook Pro. No previous saves, or any old files. I've reinstalled Origin twice, reinstalled the game and expansions twice, repaired the game, reset origin, booted the computer in safe mode, created a new separate administrator account, contacted EA Help, changed the graphics settings, and toggled between windowed and full screen. 

See image: https://imgur.com/a/PbY6UZG

Link to a post with the same issue: Link to a post with the same issue 

Message 60 of 614 (2,615 Views)