Processor Name: 6-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.6 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 6

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 12 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 16 GB

System Firmware Version: 1554.60.15.0.0 (iBridge: 18.16.13030.0.0,0)

Serial Number (system): C02D6088MD6V

Hardware UUID: 6533083B-757B-5133-B645-B57B76C3F03B

Provisioning UDID: 6533083B-757B-5133-B645-B57B76C3F03B

Activation Lock Status: Enabled

(as a note, it used to work just fine. I even had a sims university on it. I then installed city living and parent hood and it started crashing. Now, Ive already redownloaded my sims, disabled all my game extensions so its purely the base game, and its still crashing basically everytime I save or sometimes when its just loading onto my lot.) please help. This computer is only 5 months old. another thing to note is that my floor is missing so it looks like the sky and there are weird giant 2d black triangles in random places. Sometimes when I open a large lot, and when my position of camera is in a certain area, I get these lazer looking glitches on my screen. Both the floor issue, traingle issue, and laser issue does not affect gameplay. 

Message 411 of 614 (956 Views)

Re: Sims 4 keeps crashing during gameplay on mac

@pugsandpica

Merged your post into the 16" MBP thread. Please see the workaround in the solution on page 1 and see if it helps you.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 412 of 614 (929 Views)

Sims 4 randomly crashing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have been playing Sims 4 on a MacBook Pro for about a year. I have all of the packs and I normally use some mods (mostly MC Command Center and UI Cheats). My two daughters both play on MacBooks as well with all of the packs and they use the same mods as I do without any issues.

My game has been repeatedly crashing for several months now and it has been more frequently in the past few weeks. I have tried deleting the game and reinstalling, repairing my game, generating a new EA and Mod folder, and removing all of my mods, but the game is still crashing.

When the game crashes, the screen freezes and the rainbow circle appears as my cursor while the game attempts to load. Then, the game crashes with tiny white horizontal lines across the screen.

In addition to this issue, sometimes when I open up my game, entire save files will be missing from my game and my Saves folder.

• Operating System (Version): macOS Big Sur Version 11.1
  • Mac model: MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
  • Processor: 2.6 GHz 6-Core intel Core i7
  • Memory (RAM): 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
  • Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition?: I have tried both, but I am currently using Legacy Edition. The issue happens with both editions.
  • Are you running any antivirus?: No
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin?: Yes
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem?: I normally use MC Command Center and UI Cheats, but I have removed all CC/mods and it doesn't fix the issue.

Message 413 of 614 (909 Views)

Re: Sims 4 randomly crashing

@cm3752

This is a known issue with your model Mac, I've merged your post into the 16" MacBook Pro thread. You need to try and disable automatic graphics switching and possibly download a 3rd party app to help.

Saves issue - check your iCloud Drive settings. Every time you create a new save or override a save it may be moving it to iCloud if storage is too low - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/

Lastly, you shouldn't be running the Legacy Edition, your Mac should automatically run the current version as your Mac supports Metal. What is the version number of your game? It will say at the main menu when you launch it. Turn off automatic updates in Origin so next time you install you're not unnecessarily installing the Legacy Edition.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 414 of 614 (883 Views)

Torendi tower penthouse bug

★ Apprentice

Hello. I have a problem with The Sims 4. if I try to go to the “torendi tower penthouse” lot, the game crashes. i tried to clear origin cache and even uninstall and reinstall the game but nothing to do. I state that I have no mod or custom material. what should I do? (I apologize for any spelling errors but I used Google translate to write in English)

Message 415 of 614 (925 Views)

Re: Torendi tower penthouse bug

Hero
@filippodiprimio Does that happen in every save game or just a specific save ?

Do you have any lastCrash.txt files in your doc folder ? If so, please copy/paste the content within spoiler tags.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 416 of 614 (892 Views)

Sims 4 new game on new MacBook keeps crashing

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • This is driving me crazy. Been a player since I was a kid with Sim 1. Have most of my games on my gaming PC desktop and iMac. Currently out of state and with my new MacBook Pro laptop for work and school so decided to download origin and download sims 4 to play since I haven’t played in a couple years.

Playing smoothly for 4 hours. Went to switch to different household (Landgraab) and the household had some graphic glitches, most of the floor was green with some graphic glitches then after a couple minutes the entire game crashed. Game keeps crashing every time I restart it. Don’t have any mods on this game, laptop only 1 month old. In my 20 years of playing rarely had any issue like this and any issue was usually due to mods. Attaching “Last crash” file from EA folder that popped up in there. Can also try game again and  record and post video. Please help Frown

info on my MacBook Pro :

macOS Catalina 10.15.7

processor 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 gb

intel UHD graphics 630 1536MB

Message 417 of 614 (852 Views)

Re: Sims 4 new game on new MacBook keeps crashing

@dockitten

Merged into the master thread for 16" MacBook Pros. Please see the solution on page 1 and try the workaround by disabling automatic graphics switching.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 418 of 614 (829 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

thank you! I tried disabling the auto graphics switching but didn't work. I re-installed the game and now when I turn it on I'm stuck at the "new game, load game" screen because my mouse turns to a zoom in mouth instead of regular cursor. So wacky! I looked at page 1 of the thread you moved me into and it is very helpful. I've been holding off on updating my iOs to Big Sur on my laptop due to privacy issues but decided to bite the bullet and currently updating.. I hope that helps fix all the issues. Thank you!!

Message 419 of 614 (809 Views)

@dockitten

Give the gfxCardStatus app a go too, others have reported it helps Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 420 of 614 (798 Views)