Re: Major issues for 16 inch MacBook Pro

by militarymama27

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora No it did not. It helped with the resolution and windowed issue but I still do not have floors. Even when I build on an empty lot from scratch. Some floors will work when I put them down on like a porch or something but I have yet to find one to work inside the house (and I have a ton). I've removed CC and mods, put back just CC, repaired the game numerous times, uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and still nothing. Is anyone else still having this problem?
Message 311 of 614 (971 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Freezing, possible system lockup on Macs with AMD Vega GPUs

★★ Novice

I have a MacBook Pro 16inch. The newer one with the touch bar. The game has been regularly crashing, but today it has frozen the entire screen and it won't let me restart my computer. I've scoured the Apple site, but I can't find any help on a good shutdown that works. Has anyone else had this problem and been able to restart their laptop? I really need the computer to just completely shut down. I don't even want to play sims since it seems as if it has broken my computer. 

Message 312 of 614 (951 Views)

[ Edited ]

@Shortyrobertson

I've merged your post into this thread for 16" MBP users. Please see the opening post for workarounds and the accepted solution on page 1 for the best workaround to date.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 313 of 614 (933 Views)

Re: my game keeps crashing after I bild a room that is fully inclosed

★★★ Novice
@TheodorableTeddy I tried the auto g\graphics I tried retina display now I will try the gfx thing but what I do know is that it does not get fixed if you use a mouse instead of the track pad it also does not crash if the second you start a new game you load up a lot that is fully in closed but if you exit and go in that lot again it does crash I have no idea
Message 314 of 614 (909 Views)

★★★ Novice
@militarymama27 yes I think so I might be having your problem if I bild a room open to the outside no big deal but if I make a room that is 100% present totally inside my game crashes but sometimes it doesn't and I have a room fully inclosed but the floors don't show up I think I have your problem
Message 315 of 614 (908 Views)

★★★ Novice

None of the posted workarounds solve the fullscreen/windowed mode issue for my 16 inch MBP. I've tried everything and nothing seems to change the fact that when I try to enter fullscreen mode, the game glitches horribly and ends up back in windowed mode with the highest resolution possible.

Message 316 of 614 (883 Views)

@pkessler594

You're right, others have reported that there seems to be no workaround for the fullscreen/windowed issue.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 317 of 614 (875 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on 16 inch MacBook Pro

★★★ Novice

I need the same help!! 2020 iMac 27 with these specs:

Model Name: iMac

Model Identifier: iMac20,2

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 3.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled

Memory: 32 GB

Graphics card info

Name (driver): AMD Radeon Pro 5700
Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 731b, Board: 0000021a, Chipset: 0040
Driver: macOS Metal driver, Version: 0.0.0.0
Driver version: 0
Monitor: 58E78486
Texture memory: 8176MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 0
Opt. features: +d24s8

Message 318 of 614 (852 Views)

TS4 - Gameplay Glitch 3D Lines and Grainy Screen

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have a 2020 16" MacBook Pro. I have been playing The Sims 4 on my laptop without issue until approx. 3 days ago.

Since then, during gameplay I have been experiencing 3D lines shooting across objects on the screen, coupled with grainy visuals. In addition, the game has frozen multiple times requiring a force quit.

Can someone please advise on any potential cause? My graphics card is more than sufficient, and I have edge smoothing off. Thank you!

Please see screenshots attached.

Message 319 of 614 (807 Views)

Re: TS4 - Gameplay Glitch 3D Lines and Grainy Screen

@jessicacaso91

Merged your post into this thread on the issues with 16" MacBook Pros. Please see the opening post for workarounds. Disabling graphics switching seems to help.

Helpful article on taking screenshots - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT201361

AHQSigImage.png
Message 320 of 614 (786 Views)