Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: The Sims 4 Glitch on MacBook Pro 16

@blueberryga

Great! If you figure out which one specifically helped please let us know, always good for others looking for troubleshooting advice Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 30 of 614 (3,726 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 Glitch on MacBook Pro 16

★★ Novice

I try to enable iCloud Drive to test the game and disable V-sync and game can run normally (about V-sync I think "enable" is better, and graphic should run into medium or higher but it can't compare to enable Retina display)

Then I enable Retina display again, it's not work at all (I try so many time). the display zoom out and I can't control anything until it reverts to previous setting (This is real full display I see) 

Screen Shot 2563-02-15 at 21.24.00.png

I think move the game file is the solution of this problem.

But, I think next patch will solve the problem for Retina display (I need a better graphic) and resolution that more fit to my display.

Message 31 of 614 (4,132 Views)

★ Novice

Sadly I am having this problem too. I have the 16inch MacBook 2019 with the same stuff the lady listed below. I don't know how to turn of my sync settings. My game usually crashes and the screen tears. Never had a message tell me my graphics card is unrecognizable though. What would be your best advice? Sucks I spent 2 grand on a computer that can run sims lmao. 

Message 33 of 614 (4,076 Views)
Highlighted

@Twin1Dexter

Here you go - https://bluebellflora.com/2017/02/06/sims-3-and-sims-4-not-loading-save-games/ (I'll add it to the OP too, thanks!).

AHQSigImage.png
Message 34 of 614 (4,058 Views)

Re: [NEED INFO] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

★★ Novice

Bonjour, j'ai également de graves problèmes graphiques quand il s'agit de charger un foyer dans mes Sims. 

Ma configuration :

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.3

Intel Core i7 6 coeur

16 GO DDR4

AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8Go 

Mon problème :

Crash graphique (les surfaces en bleu)

Lignes noirs sur l'écran

Crash du jeu 

Message 35 of 614 (3,666 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on 16 inch MacBook Pro

★ Novice

Can you please help me too? my card isn't reconized.... I have followed your steps, and here is my info..

== Graphics device info ===
Number: 0
Name (driver): Radeon Pro Vega 16
Name (database): [Found: 0, Supported: 1]
Vendor: ATI
Chipset: Vendor: 1002, Device: 69af, Board: 0000019b, Chipset: 00c7
Driver: macOS Metal driver, Version: 0.0.0.0
Driver version: 0
Monitor: 00000000
Texture memory: 4080MB
Vertex program: 3.0
Pixel program: 3.0
Hardware TnL: 0
Opt. features: +d24s8

Message 36 of 614 (3,558 Views)

Re: Sims 4 on 16 inch MacBook Pro

@Everric 

Sure Standard smile

1. Open the GraphicsCards.sgr file using TextEdit. You can find it by right clicking on the Sims 4 in your Applications folder > Show Package Contents > Contents. The first section is for AMD cards, you will see vendor "ATI" 0x1002 at the top.  Create a new line immediately under that header and copy and paste the following:
    card 0x69af "AMD Radeon Pro Vega 16" $cardLevelUber $resolutionHigh

2. Close the file, saving if prompted or it doesn't autosave.

Now launch the game to the loading screen then quit. Go into the Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 folder and open the Config.log file, scroll to the top and see if your card has now been found. Under the Graphics device info bit it should now correctly identify your card and show [Found: 1, Supported: 1].

Bear in mind that there are quite significant updates to the game for us Mac users and these changes won't stick (they reset anyway after a patch or repair) but hopefully your card will be added at some point Standard smilehttps://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/The-Sims-4-macOS-Notarization-FAQ/m-p/8876253

AHQSigImage.png
Message 37 of 614 (3,544 Views)

Re: Sims Help - new proc failed with errno: 0x56

★★★ Novice

I have a 2019 16in Macbook Pro running Catalina 10.15.4. I haven't been able to get The Sims 4 to work properly in-game. Usually, everything works smoothly until I am in a household's lot. Then there is glitching and the screen is obstructed by random colors -- I've attached photos. I've removed all mods and CC, uninstalled and reinstalled The Sims and Origin multiple times. Even after complete resets, the glitching still happens and the game proceeds to crash. Any help?

Message 38 of 614 (3,526 Views)

Re: Sims Help - new proc failed with errno: 0x56

@linaabananaa

I've merged your post into this thread specifically for 2019 16" MBPs. Please can you read the first post and try the suggestions to try and get your game working.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 39 of 614 (3,491 Views)

MacBook Pro 16 inch Lag/FPS issues

★★★ Apprentice

I just got a 16 inch MacBook Pro with an AMD Radeon Pro 5500M. I read that you should be able to play at the max graphics settings on this computer. However, I'm having an issue with edge smoothing. When I play on even medium-low settings, if edge smoothing is on at all(set to low), the game will be extremely laggy and I get terrible FPS, sometimes dropping to around 10 or less. If I play on high settings with edge smoothing off, I get pretty high FPS and the game runs very well, but the edges are pretty ugly haha. The game also randomly crashes sometimes when I'm about to load a household, but restarting my computer always seems to fix it.

Things I've done to try to fix it:

Turned off iCloud drive

Removed all mods

Tried a new save file

Removed/generated new Options.ini file

Repaired game

Reinstalled game

Reinstalled macOS

Message 40 of 614 (3,439 Views)