Re: The Sims 4 Glitch on MacBook Pro 16

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Sims 4 (Catalina) Floor Disappearing Glitch

★★★★★ Novice

Anyone else having this problem? Fresh game install, no CC, Seasons and City Living also installed, and this is how my lots all load: https://imgur.com/a/wrgaYuZ

I've only just got to the point where I can load the Sims 4 with Catalina after months of trying everything and now there's a new glitch Frown

Computer specs: Catalina 10.15.2, MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 16GB, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB & Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

Origin: Fresh install as of today (23/1/20)

Sims 4: Fresh update as of today. New game, no saves, no CC.

Any help is really appreciated! I feel like I'll never be able to play the game again at this rate.

Message 20 of 614 (4,044 Views)

Sims 4 crashing on 16" MacBook Pro

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue - have tried deleting the options.ini file and no other mods etc. Deleting the options one usually works for a while, but still having random crashing throughout the game, which has caused a lot of lost time and frustration! 

I have the MacBook Pro 2019 16 inch, version 10.15.2, macOS Catalina (2.6ghz, 6-core intel core i7; 16 gb). 

Hoping this gets fixed soon! I was really hoping that the birthday update would have some sort of patch for the newer computers.

Message 21 of 614 (4,495 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on 16" MacBook Pro

@deemoney4 

I've split your post into it's own thread and edited the title to reflect your 16" MBP. There are a few posts now with users having issues with them trying to play the game. Are you up for some testing? Standard smile

Could you firstly update to the latest version of Catalina, 10.15.3.

If you're still getting crashing let's see if your GPU is recognised - could you open the Config.log file and c/p the lines in the === Graphics device info === section here please?

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 22 of 614 (4,471 Views)

The Sims 4 Glitch on MacBook Pro 16

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi,

I have played The Sims 4 on my MacBook Pro 16-inch with Radeon Pro 5300M with Core i7, and when I start to play the game, the game was glitch out and the floor texture disappeared as seen in the image below.

Glitch

Then, I used window mode, the game crashed. After that, I turned off "Automatic graphic switching", the situation get even worse.

I don't know what happened with the game, but it is unplayable at this point. I'm really appreciate if you have any workaround or solution for this problem because I just purchased this laptop for only 2 months.

I tried to repair game two times but nothing happen.

P.S. I do not install any Mods or CC 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: MacBook Pro 16'' (macOS Catalina 10.15.3 / Processor 2.6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7 / Graphic AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB ,Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time I play in the sims house (It's not happen in Main Manu or World map)
What is your current game version number? 02/12/2020 – V1.23

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? except for StrangerVille, Tiny Living Stuff Pack, My first pet stuff, Toddler stuff , Fitness stuff, Backyard stuff, Kid room stuff

Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens when I play in my sims house.
What happens when the bug occurs? the game was glitch out and the floor texture disappeared, I tried to fix the game in Origin, use laptop mode, window mode, and restart everything but it doesn't work. 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? I don't know maybe it's happen only on my new MacBook?

Message 23 of 614 (4,470 Views)
Highlighted

@blueberryga

I've merged your post into this one to try and keep 16" MBP posts together as there have been several reports of the game being buggy on them. Please could you see my previous comment above yours and supply the info I asked for from the Config.log?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 24 of 614 (4,433 Views)

★★ Novice

Here you are:

=== Graphics device info ===
Number:          0
Name (driver):   AMD Radeon Pro 5300M
Name (database): AMD Radeon Pro 5500M / 5300M [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          ATI
Chipset:         Vendor: 1002, Device: 7340, Board: 00000210, Chipset: 0043
Driver:          macOS Metal driver, Version: 0.0.0.0
Driver version:  0
Monitor:         00000000
Texture memory:  4080MB
Vertex program:  3.0
Pixel program:   3.0
Hardware TnL:    0
Opt. features:   +d24s8
Message 25 of 614 (4,428 Views)

@blueberryga

Thanks Standard smile That's really helpful and good to see that some of the newer cards have made it onto the updated GPU list.

There are other issues with the AMD GPUs at the moment too on various versions of macOS. Have you tried playing around with your in-game graphics options to see if that makes a difference? Maybe disable retina mode to see if that helps?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 26 of 614 (4,424 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I changed the display setting so many time like resolution (It makes the game crash), Quality (change to be low that's not work at all), laptop mode (it's the same) and Window mode (It also makes the game crash)

I adjust the settings in the game to turn off retina display already. Sadly, however, it seems that this doesn't help about this problem.

Screen Shot 2563-02-15 at 17.24.49.png

Screen Shot 2563-02-15 at 17.24.42.png

Message 27 of 614 (4,419 Views)

@blueberryga

Frown Does enabling Vertical Sync do anything?

Another thing to try is to disable iCloud Drive in System Preferences. This has helped with crashing issues on the 16" MBP but not sure if it would help with these graphical problems, anything is worth trying that has worked for others though in my book.

Does it happen if you move your Sims 4 folder to the desktop and play with a new one? Try a new clean game and build on the same lot to see if you can emulate it.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 28 of 614 (4,416 Views)

★★ Novice
@Bluebellflora I just try to disable iCloud Drive in System Preferences and move The Sims 4 folder to the desktop. and open Vertical Sync and It's seem ok now! Thank you for your help.

If I have any problem after that I will tell you in this post.
thanks again
Message 29 of 614 (4,409 Views)