Macbook Pro 16 inch keeps crashing

by knight1472

Original Post

Re: Disappearing floor

@TaileyHeng 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 531 of 614 (592 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Version: 11.2.3
MacBook Pro (16“, 2019)

Processor: 2,6 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

I play the normal Version and I don’t have an antivirus program installed, except the Macbook intern antivirus detection.

Message 532 of 614 (582 Views)

@TaileyHeng

Thanks. I've merged your thread into this one as the 16" MacBook Pros have real issues running the game. You will probably find San Myshuno absolutely unplayable at some point Frown

Have a look at the opening post and accepted solution on page 1 and try some of the suggestions.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 533 of 614 (554 Views)

Re: ❗️ [WORKAROUND] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hi,

Today I received my brand new 16" Macbook Pro and I too am experiencing these severe issues with Sims 4.

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)

Processor: 2.6GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

So far I've disabled iCloud drive, disabled auto graphics switching, tested discrete-only with gfxcardstatus, toggled and messed with all the graphics settings and turned on VSync. I haven't done any resets considering it's all brand new and as clean as it gets.

Besides CAS, it's completely unplayable. Once I load my household in a lot it normally crashes within seconds. If not, it crashes once I try to travel or build anything. I can make walls but I can't connect them because anything to do with floors breaks the game. I transferred a save file from another computer and the floors are no longer visible as well.

Hugely disappointed considering all the money I've invested into this game. Hoping there's a real fix from the Sims team in the near future.

Message 534 of 614 (535 Views)

Macbook Pro 16 inch keeps crashing

★ Novice

Hi everyone, I'm new here, so I apologize if someone has already said this. 

For about a month now, my game has been crashing every time I go to play in certain city living apartments, and I have no clue why. I've updated my computer to "Big Sir," cleared out all of my cc/mods, and have also tried repairing the game and uninstalling and then reinstalling origin. Im not sure if there's any way that I could fix it, but I figured that posting here would be worth a try. It started right after I had my screen replaced a month ago, and hasn't been working since.  

My computer specs: 

macOS Big Sur 

Version 11.2.3 

Macbook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 

Processor (2.8GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7) 

Memory: 16 GB 2667 mHz DDr4 

Intel UHD Graphics 

I also attached a report of the crash that keeps popping up.  Any Help would be appreciated! 

Message 535 of 614 (521 Views)

Re: Macbook Pro 16 inch keeps crashing

@knight1472

Yep, it's a known issue. Merged your post into this thread on the issue. Please see the opening post on page 1 and try the workarounds and possible solution in the second post. San Myshuno is pretty much unplayable on the 16" Frown

AHQSigImage.png
Message 536 of 614 (487 Views)

Re: Macbook Pro 16 inch keeps crashing

★ Novice

thank you! that breaks my heart cause it's my favorite world in the game. Hopefully they can come out with a patch or something that can fix it

Message 537 of 614 (483 Views)

Sims 4 Keeps crashing on Mac

★★ Novice

I repaired the game, updated the game, removed all my mods/cc, and the game is still unplayable. I turned the setting down to low, tried off the Retina display and each time I load into a random household, the house will turn blue (no objects will load) and then crash. This has happened 10 times now and I don't know what to do at this point. 

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro16,1

Processor Name: 8-Core Intel Core i9

Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 8

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 16 MB

Message 538 of 614 (497 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Keeps crashing on Mac

★★ Novice

This is what my screen would look like then crashes

i also updated my computer so thats not the issue

Message 539 of 614 (492 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Keeps crashing on Mac

@TeenWasteland

Merged your post into this one. Please see the opening post and second post on page 1 for possible workarounds.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 540 of 614 (456 Views)