Original Post

Re: Game crashes when trying to open gallery

Hero
@eossunrise I merged your post with the main thread on this

Please try changing your Origin Avatar.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 311 of 356 (1,351 Views)

how do i fix my game crashing when i open the gallery

★★★ Newbie

Each time I open my gallery, my mouse will turn in to the colorful spinning wheel and eventually the entire game will crash. I have tried redownloading my game and origin account. I have a two year old MacBook air and it is updated to the newest MacOS settings. I would really appreciate any and all help!

Message 312 of 356 (1,174 Views)

Re: how do i fix my game crashing when i open the gallery

@mc9hv7ysk7iq

Try changing your avatar - https://bluebellflora.com/2020/12/16/crashing-caused-by-origin-avatar/

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 313 of 356 (1,147 Views)

★ Novice

@Bluebellflora thank you so much for posting this. I have not been able to access my gallery for over a year and all because I didn't have an avatar!!! I seriously almost cried when the gallery actually opened and didn't shut down my game! I have asked for help on here a few times and emailed EA and didn't get the help that was needed to fix the issue. THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH! I hope the original poster was able to fix their issue as well!

Message 314 of 356 (961 Views)

@Cactusflower75

If you have any future Mac tech issues, just check the compiled thread which is stickied on the first page of this forum https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Compiled-list-of-Mac-specific-issues/td-p/9346384 Standard smile

AHQSigImage.png
Message 315 of 356 (947 Views)

gallery crashes

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.375.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, stuff packs: bowling night stuff, cool kitchen stuff, kids room stuff, laundry day, nifty knitting, perfect patio, romantic garden, spooky stuff, tiny living, toddler stuff, vintage glamour , game packs: dream home decorator, spa day, realm of magic, parenthood, outdoor retreat, my wedding stories, dine out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When going onto the gallery it crashes the game every time and the game completely quits
What happens when the bug occurs? the game crashes and there is no access to the gallery
What do you expect to see? I normally would go into the gallery and it would work normally for me to download people, houses etc.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi,

I have an issue when playing the sims 4. When going onto the gallery an issue has occurred where clicking on the gallery causes the mouse to start loading and then the game completely crashes. This issue randomly started happening and now happens every time I click on the gallery no matter what. I have deleted all custom content, repaired the game twice and quit origin also but nothing helps. Please let me know how I can fix this issue.

Kind regards,

Megan

Message 316 of 356 (758 Views)

Re: gallery crashes

@meganwilshaw

Try changing your avatar in Origin https://bluebellflora.com/2020/12/16/crashing-caused-by-origin-avatar/

AHQSigImage.png
Message 317 of 356 (726 Views)

Sims 4 shuts down every time I open gallery

★★★ Newbie

I've seen that it is a known issue for Macs to shut down the game when opening the gallery to download something, but the most recent post I can find on this is 2020 and I was wondering if there is a solution to this problem??

Message 318 of 356 (682 Views)

Re: Sims 4 shuts down every time I open gallery

@madswilliamsx

The compiled list, stickied at the top of this Mac forum, has a list of all known reoccurring issues, it’s always worth checking that thread before starting a new one. This 31, now 32, page thread is linked in the list as the gallery issue has been around for years now, I’ve merged your post into this thread. Please see my reply directly above yours from less than a month ago and follow the instruction to change your Origin avatar.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 319 of 356 (649 Views)

Opening gallery quits my game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.96
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? city living cats and dogs seasons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Everything’s works in game fine but as soon as i click on the gallery icon and open it (online and offline) my game unexpectedly quits.
What happens when the bug occurs? Everything’s works in game fine but as soon as i click on the gallery icon and open it (online and offline) my game unexpectedly quits.
What do you expect to see? the galley quitting my game
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. updated game after most recent patch was working fine now can’t access gallery or my library without it quitting my game

can’t attach anything due to phone storage i have a video i could email? 

Message 320 of 356 (365 Views)