Re: Opening gallery causes game to crash

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Hero

Hi @pwilk414 

Could you please post the following info

1. Your Computer's DxDiag
  2. If you have, the following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\lastcrash.txt
  3. The following file: Documents\electronic arts\the sims 4\config.log

You can upload DxDiag and config.log directly to your post.

For any lastCrash files, either create a rar file and upload that or copy/paste the content of the file to a post inside spoiler tags (the icon next to the strike-through)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 251 of 356 (531 Views)

★★ Novice

I realized that I clicked the wrong platform, I am running the sims 4 on Mac. Are the steps I should follow and submit the same?

Sorry for the inconvenience-

Pwilk414

Message 252 of 356 (515 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing whenever I open the gallery

★★★ Newbie

Hello, i'm having the same problem as every else! i do have the last.crash located in the sims 4! Please help me! 

Message 253 of 356 (505 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing whenever I open the gallery

★★ Novice

Same here!

I can provide the info if needed

Message 254 of 356 (490 Views)

Hero
@pwilk414 Moving your thread to the Mac forum

There was a known issue for macs but I think it should be solved, not sure if it's still occuring

A Mac helper will assist you further as I personally don't know much about macs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 255 of 356 (484 Views)

@pwilk414

Merged into the master thread. Please see SimsQARobo's post here and try the avatar change https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Sims-4-keeps-crashing-when-accessing-the-Gallery/m-p/...

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 256 of 356 (478 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello thank you,

I checked out the post, I unfortunately do not use a custom avatar in the gallery and have not since getting the sims. Is there anything else I should try, or just hope the next update fixes this issue.

Thanks for you help!

Message 257 of 356 (446 Views)

@pwilk414

Did you try changing your avatar to something else? I searched the name you use here in Origin and you have no avatar associated with it.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 258 of 356 (394 Views)

★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I just did, it worked! Thank you for your help!

Message 259 of 356 (362 Views)

The Sims 4 gallery crashes when I open it.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Open the Sims 4, click on the gallery, and it will crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? I open the gallery and the game crashes, whether immediately or 5-10 seconds later.
What do you expect to see? The gallery open and functional.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

No matter where you open the gallery from it will always crash. It started happening probably a week after the Snowy Escape release. I don't think the pack is the issue, but the information is still relevant. I have repaired the game, taken out my mods folder, and followed many tutorials on how to fix this but none have worked. Thank you and good luck.

Message 260 of 356 (411 Views)