Opening gallery causes game to crash

by pwilk414

Original Post

Re: sims 4 crash after downloading 2 packs

★★ Apprentice

Finally after months my gallery is working!!!!

Message 241 of 356 (835 Views)

Sims 4 game crashing while loading up the gallery

★★★ Novice

Hello, My sims 4 game has been crashing for months now, when I click on the gallery it gives me the terms and agreement page for online use and I've read it and clicked the check mark but whenever i click it it does take me to the gallery but its stuck on the loading part then freezes then crashes. Ive tried uninstalling my game and downloaded it back three times. At this point i don't know what to do. Can someone help me?

Message 242 of 356 (715 Views)

Game Crashes when Accessing Gallery

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.68.156.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except Snowy Escape
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? When opening up the gallery, the screen will load momentarily and then crash.
What happens when the bug occurs? The program will crash and I have to reopen the game.
What do you expect to see? The gallery to remain open and the game remains on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Really need some help with this as I would like to see builds as I am not a builder. 

Message 243 of 356 (690 Views)

Sims 4 Crashing whenever I open the gallery

★★ Novice

My Sims 4 crashes whenever I open the gallery on mac. At first I thought it was because of CC, but I uninstalled origin and Sims, removed the mods I had, and its still crashing my Sims any time I press the gallery. Someone please help, its been like this for over a month

Message 244 of 356 (680 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Crashing whenever I open the gallery

Community Manager
@bluehen2121 @clgoddard Is this still happening after getting the latest update that went out Monday?

Illium.png

Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 245 of 356 (638 Views)

★★ Novice
@EA_Illium Yes. Still crashing :/
Message 246 of 356 (580 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @bluehen2121 

Do you have a file called "lastCrash.txt" located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\ ?

If so, can you share that with me?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 247 of 356 (577 Views)

★★ Novice

Sent you a PM. Thank you!

Message 248 of 356 (530 Views)

EA Sims Team
@bluehen2121 Thank you!

If you are using a custom avatar in the Gallery, can you send the image file that you used? (either here or in PM)

After doing that, try switching to the base, default avatar in the Gallery and see if that fixes it for you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 249 of 356 (526 Views)

Opening gallery causes game to crash

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.69.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion, game, and stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? By opening the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time I try to open the gallery and access even just my own saved sims, the game crashes and I have to reopen the game. This is making the game almost unplayable for me.
What do you expect to see? The bug in which my gallery crashes my entire game to be fixed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After the latest patch

I have removed all mods and turned off allow mods. The issue persists. I have also tried repairing my game from the origin client with no such luck.

Message 250 of 356 (541 Views)