Sims 4 game crashes when I go onto Gallery

by 02150519

Original Post

Gallery Connection Issues

★★ Guide

I am posting here even though I play the game on a Mac computer because nobody replied to my post on the Mac technical section.

The in-game Gallery has been having connection problems for months now. One moment it is connected, and the next it would say the connection was lost and I would be sent down to a forever ‘attempt connection’ loop. I have ruled out home network issues as I could access other websites and even successfully loaded videos when the disconnection occurred. The problem worsened these couple days – I suspect it has something to do with the increased network volume due to Spark’d – the Gallery would stay connected for even less time.

If this issue has anything to do with geo-location, the access request should originate from Taiwan.

Message 231 of 356 (1,000 Views)

Sims 4 Gallery Crashing the Game

★ Novice

Whenever I play Sims 4, my game will crash as soon as I try to click the button to access the gallery. I never used to have this issue (even with MCCC mod), but after purchasing and downloading a bundle pack the gallery started to crash. I'm not sure what to do as my game and Origin are updated and I've tried to repair the game. I've seen the workaround with deleting the EAWebKit.so file, but I don't have that file when I look into the Sims 4 application content. I'm not sure what to do. 

Message 232 of 356 (945 Views)
Highlighted

Sims 4 game crashes when I go onto Gallery

★★ Novice

I've had the sims for a while and a couple months ago when I was playing, I would go to my gallery and it would crash. It never got better but then I just deleted it a while ago cause it was taking up a lot of storage on my Mac. I downloaded the game again today to play again and see if the issue persists and I went on the gallery and it still crashes each time, with no mods or CC either. Can someone help? This is frustrating.

Message 233 of 356 (946 Views)

Re: Sims 4 game crashes when I go onto Gallery

EA Sims Team

Hello,

There was a change in today's patch (1.65.70) that we think may help with this issue.  Is anyone still encountering it after updating the game?

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 234 of 356 (884 Views)

sims 4 crash after downloading 2 packs

★ Apprentice

Okay, so I've posted on this forum two different times now and with no one here to really respond or give me answers to the latest problems I've been having with my game since April. I am not sure if it's the new patches doing this, but my game hasn't been able to work and I haven't been using it because of that. I currently have the packs of: Discover University, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Strangerville, Parenthood, Dine Out, Laundry Day, and Backyard Stuff. And my current game version is 1.63.136.1210. My first issue is how my gallery doesn't work anymore, I will click on it only for it to crash out of the game and it happens every time, no matter how many times I've checked the internet, repaired, and even changed the online option in the game options section. I never saved my sims or the lots I made into the gallery, and I now realize how much of a big mistake that was. My second issue is now my lots are missing, there are some in Windenburg that will appear for some families but that's about it. There is no houses for my other families, and all the pre-made lots that the game has like the San Myshuno apartment buildings are gone. My sims are okay and they act the same, the thing is I saved the game in this state since I just continued to work with one family every time I played the game, and I know you said not to save it in the state it's in so now I don't know what to do. I do have mods, cc, but I did remove those folders and see if there was a difference and there was none. The only mod I get errors from sometimes is from the MC Command Center and their last exception error messages but it never affected my game so I never paid attention to it, I don't know if it's causing it but I doubt it since I remove that folder too. I hope someone can PLEASE help me with this since I do enjoy this game a lot, and it's so frustrating to me to spend so much money on this game for it not to work. 

Message 235 of 356 (884 Views)

Re: sims 4 crash after downloading 2 packs

[ Edited ]

@blissnirvana

Yes, the reason you haven't had any responses is because the issue is well known and there is this 24 page thread on the issue, plus multiple other threads on it. I'm not really sure what you hope someone can do to help you when you can see that multiple people are experiencing it?

Yesterday's patch hopefully fixed this. Update your game to 1.65.70. Also move your whole Mods folder to the desktop, trash the localthumbcache.package file then load the game and see if it works.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 236 of 356 (866 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay first off, no need to be rude. Maybe it's not your intention to come off that way but it's coming off to me that way with your tone so stop? This is a help forum, and if you're here to help others with their game issues that includes being respectful when people ask for help, no matter if they ask more than once. Second, I didn't know other people were experiencing the same issue, I've looked on this forum and haven't seen the thread you're talking about so yeah I didn't know other people were experiencing the same thing, which is why I was so frustrated Standard smile but yes I will try to update my patch and see if this issue gets fixed.

Message 237 of 356 (821 Views)

@blissnirvana

I posted in your other thread here that there are numerous threads on the gallery crashing - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/Gallery-Crash-Missing-Lots/m-p/9222874#M35353

There is no need to post multiple posts on the same issue. This can be considered spamming and is mentioned in the User Rules & Guidelines https://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage#dos-donts

AHQSigImage.png
Message 238 of 356 (813 Views)

★ Apprentice

I did look at that thread and I tried the methods and it didn't fix my issue, luckily the newest patch did so thanks for that. Like I said before, I was frustrated as to what was going on as any frustrated human being would do? and maybe you should reread those User Rules and Guidelines because it does state to not be rude as well, take that into consideration next time when someone asks for help. 

Message 239 of 356 (804 Views)

@blissnirvana

There isn't always a fix for an issue, no matter how many times you post on the same problem. If you don't get a response it's probably because no one feels they can help you. Please consider that next time you need help. I don't think this thread has fallen off the first page once in the last few months.

Good to know the patch fixed it though.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 240 of 356 (798 Views)