Re: My sims game keeps crashing whenever I open the gallery in game

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

[ Edited ]

@zandraa_d

@SimQARobo  works at Maxis. His is the workaround solution on page 1.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 211 of 356 (931 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hiii I'm a new sims 4 player I started playing last week so sorry I don't even know how to reply in this website correctly lol.

So I'm having the same issues.. I have a MAC os High sierra mid 2014 

It sometimes works but only for like 10 minutes so If I want to use the gallery I have to be fast. Most of the times it just crashes as soon as I open it. 

Everything else in the game works except for that.. I don't have any mods or ccs I just have the base game that's it Standard smile

I repaired my game several times..  I also tried doing what @Bluebellflora suggested (Deleting that file )  but I can't find that file! 

Any suggestions or updates on this issue? 

Message 212 of 356 (897 Views)

★★ Apprentice

@Bluebellflora oh okay! I am not sure what that means!? What do you mean by workaround solution. Also for some reason it won’t take me to page 1 

Message 213 of 356 (872 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I no longer have an EAWebKit.so file to delete! I've attached a screenshot of what my Frameworks folder now looks like. 

Message 214 of 356 (778 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The gallery still doesn’t work for me, haven’t played in 3 weeks went on to check and it crashed when I opened the gallery

Message 215 of 356 (731 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Same, mine doesn't work either. I think it's something w/ the game bc even when I take out my cc it doesn't work and I think its with the latest update

Message 216 of 356 (671 Views)

Trying to open library crashes game

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions and game packs, tiny living, bowling, vintage glamour, backyard, kids room, movie hangout, luxury party stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Trying to open the library/gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Game crashes and closes
What do you expect to see? To be able to access my library and gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Whenever I try to open my library/gallery, the game completely crashes. I’ve tried the workaround where you delete the EAWebKit.so, but when I went to the files it was not there to delete. I have a MacBook Air and I’m running MacOS Catalina 10.15.4.

I’ve also tried running the game in laptop mode, but that crashed my whole computer.

Message 217 of 356 (645 Views)

Re: Trying to open library crashes game

Hero
@NinjaOliphant Merged your post with the master thread on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 218 of 356 (615 Views)

Re: Trying to open library crashes game

★★ Apprentice

Where can I find that thread!? My game has been crashing when I try to open the gallery for like 7 weeks! 

Message 219 of 356 (567 Views)

Gallery Crash

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62.69.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? City Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Famous, Dine out, Parenthood, Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Whenever I try and open the gallery my game crashes
What happens when the bug occurs? I try and open the gallery but my game crashes
What do you expect to see? I should be able to open the gallery
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It doesn’t matter where I try and open the gallery it crashes every time. 

Message 220 of 356 (529 Views)