Re: game crashing when trying to access gallery

by babygirlyg

Original Post

Re: Game Crashing when Opening the Gallery

★★ Novice

Hiya

There is another thread with similar issues, maybe read through that? The link: 8027593

Message 111 of 356 (687 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

i just repaired the game and the date says dec. 11 2019 and well.... today is not that day lol Disappointed

Message 112 of 356 (711 Views)

Gallery issues

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.59.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Dine out Jungle adventure Outdoor retreat parenthood realm of magic spa day strangerville vampires cats and dogs city living discover university get famous get to work get together island living seasons backyard stuff bowling night stuff Cool kitchen stuff fitness stuff kids room stuff laundry day stuff luxury party sutff Moschino stuff movie hangout stuff my first pet stuff perfect patio stuff romantic garden stuff spooky stuff toddler stuff vintage glamour stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The bug happens when placing a home from the gallery into any town within the expansion packs, sometimes the bug will even glitch out just when opening the gallery
What happens when the bug occurs? Red screen pops up across the entire monitor, game freezes, game force quits
What do you expect to see? The gallery to be able to fully operate and be able to place a home in any town
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I recently invested in a brand new 2019 21 inch IMAC and this is the first time I've ever played on this computer.

I just invested in a brand new 2019 21 inch IMAC and the first time playing on this computer the gallery does not work at all, the game force quits entirely and I have to restart the program over, on the off chance that the gallery does work I try to place a house and the screen goes completely red while the building music continues to play the screen then reverts to the main menu page but stays frozen which makes me restart my ENTIRE computer.... its extremely unfortunate to see The Sims 4 a game I love so dearly to perform like this, it gives a bad rep to not just The Sims 4 but also EA entirely... please let me know if anyone has the same problem and if they have a solution I would greatly appreciate it thanks! -B

Message 113 of 356 (740 Views)

★★ Novice
@babygirlyg -im having the same problem, any chance your monitor turns to a red screen when placing a lot then the game force quits? because thats been happening but also sometimes when I try and open the gallery my game will crash... lmk if you find a way to fix!
Message 114 of 356 (715 Views)

★★★★ Novice

no, everything else works perfectly fine. my game only crashes when i open the gallery, other than that i can play freely. Sorry to hear you are in the same boat though Frown but i will for sure let you if and when i find a way to fix it! 

Message 115 of 356 (712 Views)

Re: Gallery issues

Hero
@gratz2 Moving this to the mac forum for troubleshooting

Could you post a screenshot of what' your seeing as well as the specs of your Mac ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 116 of 356 (714 Views)

Re: Gallery issues

★★ Novice
@crinrict Hello thank u for you’re help. I just started up my game to take some screenshots of what was happening but the gallery seems to be working and I had the ability to place a home via the gallery into my game. Though it worked this time i’m still afraid it will crash my game another time if that happens i will reply on this thread with screenshots but as of right now my game is running smoothly... thanks
Message 117 of 356 (685 Views)

★★ Novice
@babygirlyg hey, just started up my game today and went to the gallery and was able to place a lot today... maybe just a fluke in the system yesterday?? not to sure but maybe try your game today and see if it works. -B
Message 118 of 356 (681 Views)

@babygirlyg

Thanks. I wasn't expecting it to be the day you repaired. Mine is dated 18th December. Please follow the workaround again to trash the EAWebkit.so file, repair and check the date again.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 119 of 356 (662 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@gratz2 hey! im so glad your problem is fixed! i just tried it and it still crashed on me Frown
Message 120 of 356 (624 Views)