iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020)

Processor: 3.8 GHz 8-core Intel Core i7

Memory: 32 GB 2667 MHz DDRA

Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500 XT 8 GB

Running Big Sur 11.3.1

Message 131 of 143 (1,064 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 keeps crashing in build mode

@head_simmerWIX

Thanks. There are issues playing the game on your specific model Mac. I have merged your post into this ongoing thread. You could try updating to the current version of Big Sur, 11.5.2, but I'm not sure it would help. The issue seems to be with the specific GPU you have, or possibly the GPU driver. There is no current fix, as far as I am aware, but keep an eye on this thread as it is model related.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 132 of 143 (1,048 Views)

Re: ❗️ Sims 4 keeps crashing on 2020 iMac 27

★ Novice

Exactly the same issue with same Mac and same Mac specs!!!

Awaiting for a solution here DevilDevilDevil

Message 133 of 143 (808 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 keeps crashing in build mode

★ Novice

I'm new to this thread and I'm having exactly the same issue with the above user (even with the same Mac specs).

just to add a note here: I'm with the latest Big Sur version as of today but still crashing - very likely to crash when too quickly doing multiple build actions, or click too fast when applying different actions. 

Message 134 of 143 (809 Views)

HOW TO FIX PIXELATED SCREEN

★★ Novice

I recently got a new Imac after being a pc user my whole life and as such moved my sims 4 game over. I installed it on my mac and then moved my saved copy from my PC over. When I tried to play however, there were several households where out of nowhere, half the screen would pixelate and disappear. It would be either blue or green. I thought this was a corrupted save issue so I copied over my saved copy again and continued playing for about a month when the pixelation popped up again. Again, I assumed the save got corrupted when copying over. So I tried again for the same results. So recently, with much reluctance and sadness, I started a new save. i thought that my old game just couldn't be moved over the the mac. But it is happening in the new saves as well. Is there something i can do to fix this? I have a brand new imac I cant imagine that the system requirements are an issue. The below pictures are from a brand new save that i was just testing to see if the issue was still there and it is:Screen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.26.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-02 at 8.26.00 PM.png

Message 135 of 143 (656 Views)

Re: HOW TO FIX PIXELATED SCREEN

@NikkiNikia 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

Have you tried a completely new Sims 4 folder? Please move the current one to the desktop so the game creates a new one when you next launch the game.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 136 of 143 (612 Views)

★★ Novice
  • Operating System: Big Sur
  • Mac model: iMAC
  • Processor: 3.3 ghz 6-core intel core i5
  • Memory (RAM) : 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Graphics: 

AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB

• Are you attempting to play the normal version of the game or the Legacy Edition? Normal version I believe. Not sure what the Legacy version is. 
  • Are you running any antivirus? no anti virus
  • Have you tried to repair the game in Origin? Right click on the game in My Games and select Repair Game. Yes I did this but I only did it when I was still trying to rescue my old save should I try again after deleting the Sims 4 folder? 
  • Do you use CC/Mods? If so, have you tried removing them and seeing if that fixes your problem? No completely vanilla. 

"Have you tried a completely new Sims 4 folder? Please move the current one to the desktop so the game creates a new one when you next launch the game."

I did try this when I was attempting to rescue my save. There were old instructions on the message board and I deleted the sims 4 folder and had a new one generate and then replaced one file (forgetting which one it was now) inside which allowed me to try and rescue the save in a brand new sims 4 folder. didnt work game still pixelated. . Should I try again with out trying to rescue my save? Cause honestly I feel like it is rescuable since it's the game itself and not the save. and it seems to be an issue that's spreading because at first it only showed up in earthquake zone area of san myshuno. when I finally made my help post, that night it had shown up in a restaurant in Del Sol Valley. 

Message 137 of 143 (608 Views)

@NikkiNikia

2020 27" iMac right? It will say in the About This Mac bit. The new iMacs are 24" and have Apple's M1 chip. There are known issues with your model which I think is related to the GPU. We have an ongoing thread about it here - https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-Mac/-Sims-4-keeps-crashing-on-2020-iMac-27/td-p/9522077

AHQSigImage.png
Message 138 of 143 (595 Views)

★★ Novice

Should I post my screenshots there? I didn't have a crashing problem. But this weird glitch pixelation, once it spreads all over the screen, I do crash. But if I just exit the lot causing the issue I can continue to play for hours. Though, can't say I'm going to keep playing until I figure out this issue cause it's seeping into parts of my game where it hadn't happened before. 

Message 139 of 143 (585 Views)

Re: ❗️ Sims 4 keeps crashing on 2020 iMac 27

★★ Novice

Has anyone had this issue where there game is pixelating on them and then triggering a crash?

Message 140 of 143 (557 Views)