Re: The sims 4 crashes during playing after patch 1.77 (MacOS)

by doonnoop

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

This is the pretty new Sims 4 folder I just created from removing it and let it generate a new one.

It also just crashed my computer again. My computer just get blank and restart. 

Do you think there's something wrong with the game to compatible with my computer? Otherwise, it should only crash the game not my computer.

And I just changed my avatar as well.

Message 121 of 143 (810 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I tried another time after setting up avatar and it crashed again. Do you want to share any file that may help?

Thanks

Message 122 of 143 (799 Views)

@doonnoop

Thanks Standard smile I've merged your thread into this one for your specific model Mac.

How long have you been playing for on this Mac?

Which packs do you have installed?

Could you also share your Config.log file too?

If you could upload them as before, together with the Options.ini file and the most recent lastCrash that would be great. PM the link to me if you like.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 123 of 143 (805 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

I've been using this computer since March this year, it works well before this update.

And these are packs I installed: (I have Legacy Version on my list but I didn't install)

I updated the files in this link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/19YjeC9YXrhXygiIU64_YMYFIAXwiWcsk?usp=sharing

Let me know if you need more.

Thank you so much!!!

Message 124 of 143 (794 Views)

@doonnoop

Thanks. I wonder if this issue is triggered by something in certain packs, or updates in patches, which is why it only appears suddenly on this model Mac (and 16" MacBook Pros which have GPUs from the same family).

Could you go to About This Mac > System Report > Graphics & Displays and post a screenshot of the info for your AMD GPU?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 125 of 143 (776 Views)

★★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora 

Morning~ Attach is the screen shot for my AMD GPU. 

Message 126 of 143 (761 Views)

The Sims 4 keeps crashing in build mode

★★★ Novice

I am so frustrated. I just got a new iMac. Updated to the latest version of Big Sur. Every time I go into build mode- and build for awhile- it crashes. This is especially frustrating because I've lost progress on the same house at least 5 times now. Randomly, it seems, I'll click on a certain object to place it, like a rug, and it'll freeze.Then the beachball shows up and it spins for a while, eventually disappearing, before the screen turns into a bunch of colorful bars for a second, and I've been logged out, like it was shut down. When I log back in, other applications like email will open, along with origin and eventually The Sims 4. This hasn't happened yet in CAS or Live Mode, but I suppose I've spent more time in build mode lately. I've turned the graphics down as far as I want them to go. Anything lower is annoyingly bad quality. I have CC but I'm dreading going through each piece to make sure that that's not what's making it crash. Tell me what you need to know to help me, please! I really want a fix and I'm not good with tech.

Message 127 of 143 (663 Views)

Re: The Sims 4 keeps crashing in build mode

@head_simmerWIX

M1 Mac?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 128 of 143 (635 Views)

★★★ Novice

I don't think so. If I'm interpreting it right, it's a T2.

Message 129 of 143 (618 Views)

[ Edited ]

@head_simmerWIX 

Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 130 of 143 (606 Views)