❗️ Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

by Tourin12

Original Post

Re: Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

★ Guide
@Bluebellflora Thanks for your answer. If I was going to upgrade, it'd probably be to Mojave. I was aware of the Java plugin MuseByDesign talked about, but all the articles I've read about it are several years old, so I have been hesitant to try it in case it was no longer an option. Looks like it would work though. As an alternative to a straight up upgrade, I'm considering partitioning my current drive (I have over a terrabyte of unused space available) and installing a Mojave partition to test using CS6 on, as well as Sims 4. That way, I'd still have my current partition that I can switch back to for my Adobe apps, if need be. But for now, I'm going to wait a bit to see if EA releases a patch. They've done emergency patches to fix what they broke in the past, so I guess we'll see. Either way, thank you for all you do. Standard smile
Message 31 of 160 (1,146 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SherwoodSpirit A word of caution that I can't verify however; before, when I was running creative suite on El Capitan, I had issues with crashing when choosing fonts from the dropdown menus and when choosing a save location. I kind of dealt with it, even though it was a pain sometimes, but I don't know if I will have those issues on High Sierra. I didn't use the programs long enough today to test any of those problems, just made a few quick edits to an illustrator design and saved after every other change to be safe. But good news is, it opened and allowed me to use it, so there is no fatal error that makes using it impossible, even if there may be some issues I didn't run into.
Message 32 of 160 (1,145 Views)

★ Guide
@MuseByDesign Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I read that there might be a few performance issues but it's encouraging that you can run AI. Standard smile
Message 33 of 160 (1,143 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SherwoodSpirit @MuseByDesign do either of you know if updating the OS will stop a CC 2015 photoshop from running or if the plugin you mentioned would also work with it?
Message 34 of 160 (1,093 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@yuki_mekishiko That I don't know, sorry. I forget where I read it, but I'm sure if I can get CS5.5 from like 2011/2012 to work, there has to be a solve for yours too. I can do some research
Message 35 of 160 (1,077 Views)

★★★ Novice
@MuseByDesign Thanks! I'll google it a bit, I don't want to get a newer OS and loose my access to photoshop... but maybe I'll wait for maxis to fix the game Frown
Message 36 of 160 (1,060 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@yuki_mekishiko You say you are using Photoshop CC 2015... are you paying the monthly subscription to Adobe to use it? if so, I'm reading that Adobe highly suggests updating to CC 2017 before updating to High Sierra... if you've got the CC subscription, shouldn't it be free to update it to 2017? I'm not sure how CC works exactly since my programs are older and I retain the licenses outright... My computer at my job has High Sierra and CC 2017, and it works great. IT actually just installed CC 2020 on my computer today, but there are other plugins I need for my job that only work in 2017, so I haven't played with 2020 yet. As far as I saw, when he updated it from 2017 to 2020 it was free to do so, and now I have 2 InDesign programs on my computer. I thought that was an advantage of Adobe moving to the subscription model, so maybe you can easily update to 2017 (or even 2020?) before updating to High Sierra?
Message 37 of 160 (1,047 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Message 38 of 160 (1,105 Views)

Problems since last patch

★★ Novice

Hi,

Since the last patch i've been having problems with the Sims 4. Initially, it would freeze or crash when I tried to get into a household. I removed the Sims 4 file from my EA folder and now I can go into the house hold, but after about 2-5 minutes the screen starts glitching and I need to force quit. I have talked to EA help twice and I'm still having this problem. Has any one had similar issues? What have you done to fix it?

Thanks

Message 39 of 160 (1,094 Views)

Re: Problems since last patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Startup Disk Macintosh HD

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048 MB

Message 40 of 160 (1,089 Views)