Re: sims 4 cas freezing

by Bluebellflora

Original Post

Re: [NEED INFO] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

★★★★ Novice

Hello,

I appreciate all your support of he sim community.  I have been getting by on the skin of my teeth with my 2009 macbook pro on el capitan.  Up until a few days ago I was just fine.  For the past 3 days I have poured through all of the thread and read all of the post and tried everything recommended.

When I open origin it says in order to open origin I need an update of mac os 10.9 or later but I am on 10.11.

Please kindly would you you mind helping me, I have tried everything 3 or more times.  If it is a lost cause please let me know or direct me to a thread i may have missed.

CJ

Message 141 of 160 (1,211 Views)

Re: [NEED INFO] Problems playing Sims 4 on the 16" MacBook Pro

@1Roguebit

Please download and install the current version of Origin, it sounds like you are running a legacy edition which is no longer compatible - https://www.origin.com/gbr/en-us/store/download try that then we can go from there Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 142 of 160 (1,186 Views)

sims 4 cas freezing

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So lately (after the February updates) my Sims 4 game (I use a Macbook Pro) has been freezing like crazy in CAS and live mode and I'm not sure why and how to fix it since I know basically nothing about technology. I use loads of cc which could be a part of the problem, but it's been working fine until a few days ago. After i tried moving my mods folder to my desktop, CAS was working fine but live mode started glitching out (furniture on lots and the plumbob above my sim was glitched and was neon purple & black) and everything was still constantly freezing, forcing me to have to restart my laptop. It's been driving me nuts. Can someone please help me figure out why this happening? Thank youu <3

Message 143 of 160 (1,261 Views)

Betreff: sims 4 cas freezing

Community Manager (retired)

Hiya! @Weewee_Unicorn ,

I have moved your post from German EA Access to the English Sims 4 Mac boards Standard smile 

~Demz

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wenn ihr mir antwortet, markiert mich bitte mit @EA_Demz, damit ich eure Antwort sehe!
- Ich beantworte keine Direktnachrichten mit Supportanfragen! -

Gefällt dir ein Beitrag? Bewerte ihn mit +XP!
War der Beitrag die Lösung für dein Problem?  Klicke auf "Als Lösung akzeptieren", um den Post für alle User besser sichtbar zu machen!
Stay and Play.png
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 144 of 160 (1,222 Views)

@Weewee_Unicorn

Which version of macOS are you running?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 145 of 160 (1,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora  I have an OS X El Capitan and the version is 10.11.6

Message 146 of 160 (1,186 Views)
Highlighted

@Weewee_Unicorn

Merged your posts into this thread as the issue is El Capitan. Please upgrade your OS to 10.13.6 High Sierra or later to get back into your game. Sierra is also causing issues for some, especially those with AMD graphics cards.

10.13.6 High Sierra - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT208969
10.14.6 Mojave - https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT210190
10.15.4 Catalina - update through the Mac App Store

AHQSigImage.png
Message 147 of 160 (7,356 Views)

★★★ Novice

@Bluebellflora I upgraded to Catalina and it works now! Thank you so so much <33

Message 148 of 160 (1,134 Views)

Sims 4 crashing on load

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

First time playing in a couple months and my game keeps freezing/crashing upon playing a household on a lot. Sometimes it crashes before loading the lot. If it does manage to load the lot, random objects are glitchy or sometimes there's just random polys floating on screen. In any case, when it crashes, it crashes not only the game but my entire computer.

I do not have any custom content or mods installed.

I already tried:

- Repair Game through Origin

- Moving Sims 4 folder out of Documents for clean game

- Setting graphics on lowest settings + playing in windowed mode

- Completely uninstalling and reinstalling

My computer specs:

- OS X El Capitan v 10.11.6

- iMac Late 2015

- Processor: 3.3 Ghz Intel Core i5

- Memory: 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3

- Graphics AMD Radeon R9 M395 2048 MB

Can anyone help? The game used to run perfectly fine. And I just splurged on a new bundle. Frown

Message 149 of 160 (1,136 Views)

Re: Sims 4 crashing on load

@rollingbombersp

Your issue is El Capitan. Please upgrade to 10.13.6 High Sierra or later to get back into your game. Skip Sierra, it currently has issues with the game and AMD GPUs.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 150 of 160 (1,094 Views)