Re: Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

by SherwoodSpirit

Original Post

Re: Problems since last patch

@Hannakm

Which version of macOS? And please remove your serial number from your post.

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 41 of 160 (1,233 Views)

Re: Sims 4 issues with Mac OS X El Capitan

★ Guide
@yuki_mekishiko I think there's a good chance it might stop your current Photoshop from working if you upgrade your OS. Mac OS & Adobe CC seem to go in lock step with each other. When Adobe releases new versions, it often forces us to have to upgrade our Mac OS at work. Adobe CC 2020 forced us to go from High Sierra to Mojave just recently (Catalina still won't work with our servers). I work for a large graphics/printing company, so when Adobe updates, our clients update, and we have to keep up with them. I'd google to see what OS your Adobe 2015 version will run on before upgrading, to be safe. I'm pretty sure that old Java plugin will NOT work for any version of CC.
Message 42 of 160 (1,229 Views)

★★ Novice

Message 43 of 160 (1,224 Views)

@Hannakm

Thanks. I've merged your posts into this thread on the issue as the game does not seem to currently run in El Capitan for some. Please update to High Sierra or a later version of macOS to get back into your game. Skip Sierra as that is also experiencing problems.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 44 of 160 (1,219 Views)

★★ Novice

I have updated it now, but now Sims won’t open at all. 

Message 45 of 160 (1,207 Views)

@Hannakm

To High Sierra? Or Sierra? Have you repaired the game? Have you tried a new clean Sims 4 folder?

AHQSigImage.png
Message 46 of 160 (1,180 Views)

freezing, crashing, & graphics issues after last patch

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

After the most recent patch, I can no longer play my sims game at all. Previous to this update, my game ran with no lag, glitches, or crashes on decently high graphics settings. Now, whenever I try to play, it freezes and locks down my computer, forcing me to shut my whole laptop down in order to regain control (even in windowed mode). In the minutes of time I am able to play before an inevitable freeze, there are graphics issues; incorrect/no textures load on furniture, and black polygons flicker around sims' faces/hair. I have attached images of these graphics issues.

Computer Specs:

MacBook Pro (Mid 2015), 2.5 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 Memory, AMD Radeon R9 M370X Graphics card, 166.06GB free of 499.07 GB.

OSX 10.11.6 (El Capitan)

Expansion Packs: City Living, Get Together, Seasons, Parenthood, Laundry Day Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff

-I had all of these packs and was able to play with them before the patch.

Things I have tried to fix this so far, compounding, in order:

• repairing the game
  • removing all cc (I had no script mods)
  • resetting the game to factory settings (backing up my current saves and then deleting the whole sims 4 folder)
  • uninstalling and reinstalling the game 
  • uninstalling and reinstalling origin (hard reinstall, deleting all .plists)
  • downloading the legacy version of sims 4
  • disconnecting from the internet/origin while playing
  • editing game options
    • turned off retina display, edge smoothing, post-processing effects
    • turned on laptop mode, vertical sync, windowed mode
    • reset accessibility UI slider
    • set all graphics levels to either low or off

None of these efforts have had any effect; the game is still unplayable. Currently, I am uninstalling the legacy version and reinstalling the original sims 4 and expansion packs, but have little hope that this will do anything at all. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated, otherwise I think I'd like a refund.

Message 47 of 160 (1,202 Views)

Screen Flickering

★★ Novice

Someone please help. My game keeps flickering and crashing. Now I can't even get past the loading screen. I have tried everything the agents have suggested such as repairing the game and resetting my origin app, but it's just gotten worse. This happened after downloading the University expansion pack and the latest patch. They have all stated that they believe this is a bug with Sims 4 itself, which I would agree with as I've seen heaps of other people online with the same issue. 

I own all packs and have never downloaded any CC.

Cheers!

Message 48 of 160 (1,157 Views)

Re: Screen Flickering

@bloodshield3 

There are currently 3 possible issues it may be. Two of them are graphics issues and one of them is the game being unplayable on Sierra. Please can you provide more information about your Mac. Instructions on how to do so and what to provide here - http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-Mac/READ-FIRST-Sims-4-Mac-Help-Guides-and-Troubleshooting/m-p/4612...

AHQSigImage.png
Message 49 of 160 (1,132 Views)

Re: freezing, crashing, & graphics issues after last patch

@hrmhmrm

Please update to High Sierra or later, there are currently issues with El Capitan and Sierra.

AHQSigImage.png
Message 50 of 160 (1,140 Views)